The US Dropping Bombs on Syria

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

The US Dropping Bombs on Syria

Post by hawkwing »

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: The US Dropping Bombs on Syria

Post by Ddawg »

Syria
Attachments
image.png
image.png (80.5 KiB) Viewed 3856 times

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Think North Korea is watching?
:whistle:

vancouvercougar
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by vancouvercougar »

Ddawg wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:57 pm Think North Korea is watching?
:whistle:
I hope so.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

One and done strikes won’t change the monster that leads Syria, propped up by his puppet masters Russia and Iran. If we really want change or deterrence, we should track down Assad and decapitate him in a missile strike or attack like we did Bin Ladin.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BoiseBYU wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:47 am One and done strikes won’t change the monster that leads Syria, propped up by his puppet masters Russia and Iran. If we really want change or deterrence, we should track down Assad and decapitate him in a missile strike or attack like we did Bin Ladin.
Why? That would be a terrible choice. Get rid of Assad and we own it like Iraq and Libya. We'd also be fighting with Russia and Iran over the next govt to run Syria. Who wants to be embroiled in a lengthy nation rebuilding war with Russia, Iran, Hamas, and all the rebel factions in Syria? No way.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ddawg wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:49 am
BoiseBYU wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:47 am One and done strikes won’t change the monster that leads Syria, propped up by his puppet masters Russia and Iran. If we really want change or deterrence, we should track down Assad and decapitate him in a missile strike or attack like we did Bin Ladin.
Why? That would be a terrible choice. Get rid of Assad and we own it like Iraq and Libya. We'd also be fighting with Russia and Iran over the next govt to run Syria. Who wants to be embroiled in a lengthy nation rebuilding war with Russia, Iran, Hamas, and all the rebel factions in Syria? No way.
This may come as a shock, but I agree with you. Deep breaths I know. If you read more carefully, you will see that I am not advocating such a course of action, but only stating that IF deterrence is really what our leaders want, then that’s what will deter. A one time missle strike won’t deter anyone. It never has yet, regardless of the President ordering it.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Holy hell. I just fell out of my chair. My wife called 911. I'm posting this from the back of an ambulance while enroute to a cardiac center for heart palpitations. Heart be still.

Actually, I agree that the 1 time strike will do nothing. Just rattle Assad's cage and piss Russia off. It will simply escalate the cold war tensions the already exist between us and Russia.

On top of that, let's pretend Trump did take Assad out. What guarantees do we have that the next Syrian "dictator yahoo" wouldn't be the same or worse than Assad? None.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

We need to find the contractors who made the Wall in Game of Thrones and build one around Syria, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan. There can be a few doorways through the bottom of the Wall for trade. But there are no good solutions to those countries and the threats the pose or could pose. Wall them off from the rest of the world.

Oh and do the same with North Korea.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

SpiffCoug wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:00 pm We need to find the contractors who made the Wall in Game of Thrones and build one around Syria, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan. There can be a few doorways through the bottom of the Wall for trade. But there are no good solutions to those countries and the threats the pose or could pose. Wall them off from the rest of the world.

Oh and do the same with North Korea.
Finally a wall we can ALL agree on! :)