GU game

BYU Cougars on the court.
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: GU game

Post by EM_Puma »

Jarhead wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:38 am The cupboard looked like it was going to be bare going into this season until Pope came along. I think Pope will find a way to reload with existing in new talent. I can’t guarantee a top 25 finish, but I don’t see it as strictly a rebuilding year next year either.
I don't know if I would say bare, but he did the 3 major acquisitions in Toolson, Barcello and bringing back Yoeli. This team isn't near as potent without those 3, with the exception that Emery might have stayed and it's arguable whether he would have regained his previous form or not.

As I note, I believe all 13 of those names I listed are under scholarship, so Pope doesn't really have any additional scholarships available after yesterday's commitment of Gideon George, unless Wade takes a medical retirement. I hope he doesn't as he sounds like the could really help, but somehow has struggled to get past his injury(ies).

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: GU game

Post by snoscythe »

snoscythe wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:51 am Those worried about next season already need to calm the hell down.

Look at Wyatt Lowell, and you won't worry as much about replacing Yoeli, especially with Baxter (hopefully) being 100% healthy alongside him.

Look at the young guards who will get the grow the same way we've seen TJ Haws grow since last season.

Look at how Pope recruited players to come in on short notice last offseason with barely any support staff hired yet, and think about how well he'll be able to recruit with these results to back up the pitch and a full support staff to help him with the load.

I think next year is a just a reload year, not a rebuild year, with 2022 having potential for a special season.
Just here to pat myself on the back is all.