phew....

BYU Cougars on the court.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: phew....

Post by BroncoBot »

SpiffCoug wrote:I thought BYU showed great intensity and effort last night. I don't think USF was playing any harder than we were.
This doesn't bode well for BYU against future opponents.

Cougest
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougest »

rblack wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:
imuakahuku wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:outcoached, outplayed, outreffed but we outlasted them

we did darn near everything possible to lose that game

It's a good wakeup and intro to road play in conference and maybe just maybe our players will learn to value their time at the free throw line a little more in the future

I love Josh Sharps hustle and glad we'll have him two more years; he's going to make a great mentor for Mika and Worthington

That loss would have been a bubble bursting one
Out coached? Rose made the adjustments required and came out with a win. He out coached the other guy. Puting Sharp on the guy carrying his team won it for us. A game where our offense struggled and the defense was almost as bad. But he made changes and they worked. Off nights shooting happen and when the other team is on fire it can lead to a blowout. That didn't happen and we got the W. As for the game, I give Sharp the game ball.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

In comparing talent levels of each team, yes Dave Rose was outcoached last night. Thankfully some adjustments came, but Rex was the better coach last night; he just doesn't have the talent or experience on his team. The final margin was razor thin, but the difference in actual talent is palpable, yet they led most of the game. I think you'd have a hard time finding a lot of people to say that Rex wasn't the best coach on the evening. You'd have a harder time finding someone to say that USF comes close in the level of talent and depth of this BYU hoops team. San Fran lost 6 players last year, 4 starters, and has no business even being in this game; that's a credit to the coach.
Sorry, but you can't coach 70% from the three point line in the first half. The better coach won the game.
+1. Of our two best players, one was fouled out and both struggled to find their shot during the game. Yet, with those struggles, we still found a way to win the game. Not bad for being so outcoached right!?! I heard the same thing after the Utah game, yet we won both games. Just because another coach has a good game plan doesn't mean we got outcoached. A coach's job is to find a system/way/plan that allows his team to win the game. Last time I checked. We won both the Utah and USF games.

Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

Just because you win doesn't mean that you weren't outcoached.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,