BYU recruit Stilman White

Discussion and information on upcoming and past BYU recruiting classes
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU recruit Stilman White

Post by hawkwing »

Saw this thanks to JJSportsBeat in the Twitter box.

Stilman White
BYU joins UNCW and Utah State as the programs that have already offered scholarships. Wichita State, Virginia Tech, UNC-Greensboro, and Utah are all interested and White has made visits to UNCW and Utah State along with Chapel Hill.

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=14200980" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

beauso79
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: BYU recruit Stilman White

Post by beauso79 »

Being recruited by North Carolina as well, this kid LDS?? How big is he??? We need some posts more than we do guards!!!!

So I did a little research and this guy is 6'1", is LDS, and is a big time Utah Utes fan. I still think we could use another JC Big though unless Davies comes back. He'd be a great replacement for Zylstra or Martineau I'd think.

Per Jay Drew:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsrecru ... l.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drew States: "The news that BYU has made a scholarship offer is a surprise to BYU fans because the Cougars had supposedly given their last available scholarship to UCLA transfer Matt Carlino in December. Carlino will join the team after fall semester, due to NCAA transfer rules.
The offer likely means one of two things: 1) BYU expects suspended center Brandon Davies will not return to the team in time for the 2011-12 season. 2) BYU coaches will run off a player currently on scholarship if White commits. Coach Dave Rose has reminded reporters several times that scholarship agreements are year-to-year."

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

This is a joke. And Coach Rose is crazy for recruiting him. Doesn't he know we need a big-time center recruit who can come in right now and dominate?

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
beauso79
All-American

Post by beauso79 »

SpiffCoug wrote:This is a joke. And Coach Rose is crazy for recruiting him. Doesn't he know we need a big-time center recruit who can come in right now and dominate?
Maybe Rose knows Davies will be back and will give Zylstra or Martineau the boot???

beauso79
All-American

Post by beauso79 »

Well, we lost this kid to North Carolina per Tweets by Wrubell and Drew

imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by imuakahuku »

I wonder what the draw was?

26 games played
averaged 26.8 minutes per game
175-346 on field goal attempts (.506)
37-103 on 3 pointers (.359)
145-183 on free throws (.792)
77 assists
68 turnovers
20 blocked shots
54 steals
4.5 rebounds a game
20.5 points a game

Good FG % but unacceptable 3pt %. At 6'1 you better hit better than 40%. And FT and TO are not good. Looks like he drives and dishes or takes it to the hole. But I don't like the 68 TO's vs 77 assists