2012 - Bryan Engstrom - RB/WR

Discussion and information on upcoming and past BYU recruiting classes
byucougar1
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

2012 - Bryan Engstrom - RB/WR

Post by byucougar1 »

Alta's Bryan Engstrom is considering joining BYU as a walk-on. He was a All-State 5A player and is listed at 5-9/175. He will make his decision by this weekend.

I could see him trying to follow in the footsteps of JD Falslev as an HB.

I really like the players that are considering BYU as walkons - most of the ones who are interested in doing this are quality on and off the field but under the radar of most other teams.

beauso79
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: 2012 - Bryan Engstrom - RB/WR

Post by beauso79 »

How fast is this kid?? He looks real fast on film. Maybe he's better than a walk on?? Dude can squat over 500lbs

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Ron
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ron »

My guess is he is faster than 4.5 in the 40. But his real speed is in his ability to accelerate while changing direction. He is a rare talent. Enjoy the following videos on
Bryan Engstrom if you want to see athleticism at its best.

Bryan Engstrom, a new walkon to BYU Football reminds me of John White of the U of U football team. Even though he is only 5' - 9 he is fast, decisive and strong. He can find a hole in the line so fast and accelerate with such speed that defensives cannot handle his athletism. Just watch the following games and see for yourself against the best teams in the state.

All in one video
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Playing against different schools in the state
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/38667/Bryan-engstrom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-----------------
Bryan Engstrom, football walkon - can squat 535 pounds and only weighs 175 pounds. Don't believe it, Watch for yourself.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CougarClaw
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by CougarClaw »

Watching this video made me imagine him just getting destroyed by linebackers with 6 inches and 50 lbs on him who are just as fast. But then I thought of Wes Welker so I thought I'd look up his stats.

Apparently bryan is only 10 lbs lighter than Wes Welker and the same height. Not like it can't be done.

It did seem like Bryan's reel included a number of catches out of the backfield and he'd certainly be a change of pace back that could get lost in the backfield...still, I think someone his size would see most of his time returning kicks or as a WR.