Idiots putting together game previews for the AP:

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Idiots putting together game previews for the AP:

Post by snoscythe »

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... _BYU@SDGST

First two sentences? "Max Hall and Harvey Unga have BYU playing at a high level offensively. That doesn't bode well for a San Jose State defense that hasn't had much success stopping the Cougars in recent years." I guess that is accurate though....I haven't seen SJSU make a single stop against the Cougs in recent memory.

Nor does the article ever mention the fact that SDSU is under a new DC this year or that they are the #11 passing defense in the country (or the idea that this ranking might be inflated after facing a non-passing AFA). I do like that the article pumps the Cougars up to be world beaters, but it's hard to take their perspective seriously when it doesn't look like they have even evaluated the other team

kiwibacon
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Idiots putting together game previews for the AP:

Post by kiwibacon »

The older I get and the more interaction I have with people...the more I realize that there are stupid people working in jobs they should not be working in. Along with stupid people there are people that do not invest time or effort into their work. To them it is just a paycheck. 9am-5pm, do as little as possible to get the job done. Not many go above and beyond expectation but rather settle for the bare minimum.

That being said. BYU should absolutely pummel SDSU this weekend. That will make two games in a row that I will attend. The UNLV game was nice to see BYU football in live action even though the competition was dead.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Wow, as someone who takes his work seriously and was taught from an early age to put your heart and soul in to what you do, it is really disappointing to see such high profile jobs performed so poorly.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

hawkwing wrote:Wow, as someone who takes his work seriously and was taught from an early age to put your heart and soul in to what you do, it is really disappointing to see such high profile jobs performed so poorly.
I sometimes feel the same way when I read Gordon Monson of Jason Franchuk's articles. I don't know why they are so poor. Is that truly the best quality sports journalism coming out of universities today?