Shiloah T'eo Dismissed Following DUI Charge (6 weeks late)

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Shiloah T'eo Dismissed Following DUI Charge (6 weeks late)

Post by snoscythe »

Short story:

-Shiloah was pulled over at the 7-11 at the corner of Freedom and 3rd South in Provo on Aug. 29th just after leaving the State Liquor Store and was arrested and charged with DUI after failing a blow-test. Three others in the car were let go without charges.

-Somehow, T'eo kept this under wraps until Saturday night around midnight, at which time Bronco found out. Bronco followed up on everything Sunday and Monday, but Tuesday told T'eo to pack his bags. T'eo was previously investigated by the HC office in May for alleged involvement with a drinking party.

My take:

I think the punishment was needed--if he could have made it more severe, Bronco probably would have. Compare this to Rashaun Broadus--Broadus is pulled over, arrested, and goes and talks to the coaches the next day. Kicked off the team, no return. T'eo hides his indiscretion from the coaches for a month and a half--lies about it basically. Like I say, if Bronco could kick him out of school, he probably would have.

Effect on the team? Makes us scary skinny in the middle of the secondary. I'm with Wrubell in thinking we'll play three for two back there with Johnson, Rich and Bills, but it seems like we have had a lot of bell-ringers and bang-ups among the three, so Thomas might see a good bit of action. After that, the next best option is to pull the red-shrit off of Jray Galea'i. Who knows. Maybe Bronco just decides to pull the red-shirt and make Galea'i the true #2 at Kat to fill the T'eo void.

Finally, I think this makes people think a little bit harder about his cousin's reasons for going to Notre Dame.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Shiloah T'eo Dismissed Following DUI Charge (6 weeks late)

Post by hawkwing »

If he had only been open to the coaches when this had first happened, they possibly could have worked through this. But, then again, if he had been involved in the recruiting trip fiasco, this was probably a last straw. Regardless, I'm glad he's off the team. I hope he, Shiloah takes this opportunity to turn his life around and get his head on straight.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Well, Thomas still hasn't passed protocol from his concussion against USU, so he won't even be making the trip. The backup at KAT (but third guy in at KAT?) for UNLV will not be Galea'i, but instead Travis Uale. It looks like Bronco is intent on protecting Jray's redshirt. I have heard absolutely nothing about Uale. You know the old adage though--some of the best defensive backs are the one's whose name you never hear.

Short_Change
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Short_Change »

I believe there were more than just HC problems with Shiloah according to sources I have on the team. Bronco did the best thing by letting him go. I think he was a bad seed. Hopefully the kid can be humble and turn his life around.

Real.Men.Wear.Blue
Gray Shirt

Post by Real.Men.Wear.Blue »

I feel bad for Shiloah, his parents, and the team. It's always unfortunate when someone gets booted. But, the kid lied directly to Bronco's face by denying he was involved directly after the incident and then covered it up for more than two months (not sure how he thought he would get away with it). I'm not surprised Bronco's steamed about the bald-faced lies.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Real.Men.Wear.Blue wrote:I feel bad for Shiloah, his parents, and the team. It's always unfortunate when someone gets booted. But, the kid lied directly to Bronco's face by denying he was involved directly after the incident and then covered it up for more than two months (not sure how he thought he would get away with it). I'm not surprised Bronco's steamed about the bald-faced lies.
And then Bronco asked him again on Monday to give him a chance to come clean, and he lied again. If anything, Bronco gave him too many chances.