todays practice thought

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
oremcougar
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

todays practice thought

Post by oremcougar »

Did anyone who happens to see this get to the open practice today? I work at BYU and I only got to make it to the last 20 minutes. what I can say from what I saw (minimal scrimmage from a bad view by the gates) was the defense looked really good today (you can infer how I felt about the offense.) Again, i didn't see the whole practice, but the offense didn't score. I thought max hall made some great throws and looks more and more comfortable. One reason why the D (i think) did so well is because of the whistle blowing plays dead. A couple of those plays would have a had some for sure missed tackles and taken for more yards, they were just blown dead early. I am not saying that is wrong, you have to protect your players and such, but it didn't help get a GREAT idea of the offense today. Collie made a nice sideline catch and matt allen missed one right threw his hands. Overall I think we are improving. That practice ending int was caught by the receiver from behind the DB, and when they fell, the DB came up with it because it was sitting on his chest. Good position by the DB but he actually didn't make the catch. Kinda funny.

chad
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: BSLW

Re: todays practice thought

Post by chad »

Good comments. I unfortunately didn't make it to todays practice, I was able to attend last mondays and last fridays. Unfortunately I was just too busy today.

From what I've seen so far, the offense and the defense have traded off having good and bad outings. I contribute this to meaning that they are fairly evenly matched, which I think is a great sign. All indications are that we should have an exceptional defense this year, and with the many offensive weapons we have, theres no reason why we should struggle too much there.

Heres to under 12 days to go.