Big mid-year changes at Boise State

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Big mid-year changes at Boise State

Post by Fido »

Fallout from the Boise State loss. Offensive Coordinator Tim Plough was fired and is being replaced by Dirk Koetter for the rest of the season. Koetter has been working as an analyst for the Broncos.

Now we hear that QB Hank Bachmeier is hitting the transfer portal. https://www.deseret.com/2022/9/26/23372 ... utah-state

Bachmeier has thrown for 497 yards, six touchdowns and three interceptions through the team’s first four games, though he completed just 13 of 34 passes for 93 yards and a touchdown in the Broncos’ 27-10 loss at UTEP last week that dropped Boise State to 2-2 on the year.

He was also replaced by redshirt freshman Taylen Green after struggling in the Broncos’ season-opening 34-17 loss against Oregon State.

Bachmeier is a four-year starter for the Broncos — he’s started 29 games since joining the program in 2019 — and has thrown for more than 6,600 yards and 41 touchdowns in his college career.

He will have 2 years of eligibility to play at his new destination since he only played 4 games in 2022 and can use a redshirt year.

jadesroom
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Big mid-year changes at Boise State

Post by jadesroom »

I live in the Boise area, so I hear more Bronco news than I will want to. I'm not too surprised about the OC; someone has to be the scapegoat. Brachmeier's transfer is more surprising, but he must have read the writing on the wall and seen the word "bench" and decided to retire.

BTW, after Brachmeier's announcement, Mike Prater,one of the BSU beat writers and a local radio personality, sent out a Facebook post that said, "Bronco fans, are you happy now?". The question has somewhat of an accusatory tone to it which I find ironic since Prater has been calling for changes since the most recent game.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Big mid-year changes at Boise State

Post by byufan4ever »

Most BSU fans are saying that Brachmeier's best game was his first one against FSU. The program has definitely gone downhill with the current HC and we should not have lost to them last year and we should not this year. Too bad as I've always somewhat admired the Broncos ability to beat the big boys even if they only did play one hard team a season. The "BSU schedule" formula (all cupcakes + 1 P5) worked quite well for them for some time. It appears that their magic is now gone.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins