Feelings

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Feelings

Post by snoscythe »

Just got back from Waco late last night. While half of my kids were wearing Baylor gear at the game (I did post-grad at Baylor), rest assured we were all cheering for the Cougs--pre-teen girls were just excited to wear their new outfits.

Thinking about it on the flight last night, and this season is feeling a lot like 2002 did. A lot of rah-rah excitement and momentum from the previous great season, a few strong wins to start the year off, then a close loss, another not-so-close loss, and in 2002, that's when the wheels started coming off and a coaching staff got desperate, made bone-headed adjustments to try and correct things, and eventually ran the program into the ground.

I am NOT saying that's where we are headed. It just has that same indecisive panicky feel right now, and I really don't like this skid, and I really don't like the UVa matchup right now.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Feelings

Post by BroncoBot »

UVA game could be a monster. Bronco/Anae has them playing very well and they'll have their guys ready to go for the game in provo.

I wasn't around for 2002, was on a 2 year vacation elsewhere. But I was there for 2003. I fondly remember the loss to utah 0-3 and BSU laying the wood on a rainy/snowy night. 2004 and 2005 weren't much better. I hope that history doesn't repeat itself. 2021-2024

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I also was on my mission in 2001 and 2002, but was back for 2003 and enjoyed sitting through every game that year, especially the Utah game. BYU has been on a downward trajectory the last 3 games, UVA has been upward after a slow start. I really hope BYU beats the pants off of Washington State this week and gets their groove back.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

Without MAJOR changes in our defensive philosophy and execution, BYU is going to be 5-4 after the Virginia game.