What will come next season?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: What will come next season?

Post by scott715 »

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/0 ... 0XRYejPLEg

UO president Michael Schill: ‘Hoping’ Oregon Ducks football games are played, ‘doubt very much’ it’ll be at packed Autzen Stadium

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

I hope this brings down the million dollar salaries too many coaches are getting.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

nuk13 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:09 pm
snoscythe wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:54 pm
nuk13 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:02 amThe worst for me, however, was the wrestling. My friend always had them in the top 10 nationally and had 2 heavyweight national champions.

I picked BYU in the end, mostly because it was cheaper. Less than a month into my first semester, BYU announced it was dropping both pre-veterinary courses and the wrestling program.

Still kind of bitter on swallowing those pills.
I don't know about the vet school but Bob would have made a top wrestler out of you. What weight were you?

Did you become a vet? That's a good profession. Do you work with ranches or dairies?
I came out of high school at 172lbs.

After BYU cut everything I was there for, I reacted with some immature and poor decisions that left me with a 0.20 GPA for my first semester. I discovered that level of GPA made transferring to a decent new school nigh-to-impossible, so I ended up basically stuck at BYU not wrestling and then studying IS and Sociology and finished with law school at Baylor.

Frequently wish I had done things different in those 2 months cuz I would've loved to be a vet.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

snoscythe wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:46 pm
nuk13 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:02 amThe worst for me, however, was the wrestling. My friend always had them in the top 10 nationally and had 2 heavyweight national champions.

I picked BYU in the end, mostly because it was cheaper. Less than a month into my first semester, BYU announced it was dropping both pre-veterinary courses and the wrestling program.

I don't know about the vet school but Bob would have made a top wrestler out of you. What weight were you?

Did you become a vet? That's a good profession. Do you work with ranches or dairies?

After BYU cut everything I was there for, I reacted with some immature and poor decisions that left me with a 0.20 GPA for my first semester. I discovered that level of GPA made transferring to a decent new school nigh-to-impossible, so I ended up basically stuck at BYU not wrestling and then studying IS and Sociology and finished with law school at Baylor.

Frequently wish I had done things different in those 2 months cuz I would've loved to be a vet.
Sorry to hear that Sno. If you could have worked with animals that provide us with food (dairy cows, beef, hogs, sheep and so forth) you could have done a lot of good. That does not mean you can't do a great deal of good with what you became. I have a good friend on here that is also a lawyer and he does a lot of good.

I had my own troubles at BYU but somehow made it through. I became a teacher and that is what I was told to be and wanted to be. One of my students was an undefeated state champion, wrestled a bit in college and also became a lawyer. He is now, in my opinion, one of the best politicians in the state of Idaho.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

nuk13 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:47 pm

Sorry to hear that Sno. If you could have worked with animals that provide us with food (dairy cows, beef, hogs, sheep and so forth) you could have done a lot of good. That does not mean you can't do a great deal of good with what you became. I have a good friend on here that is also a lawyer and he does a lot of good.

I had my own troubles at BYU but somehow made it through. I became a teacher and that is what I was told to be and wanted to be. One of my students was an undefeated state champion, wrestled a bit in college and also became a lawyer. He is now, in my opinion, one of the best politicians in the state of Idaho.
So does this means vets who work with pets don't do a lot of good?

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

hawkwing wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:51 am

The ones that work with house cats sure don't

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

ABYUFAN wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:07 am

YNot
All-American

Post by YNot »

scott715 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:43 am https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/0 ... 0XRYejPLEg

UO president Michael Schill: ‘Hoping’ Oregon Ducks football games are played, ‘doubt very much’ it’ll be at packed Autzen Stadium
'Hoping' doesn't instill much confidence. The Governor just extended Oregon's lockdown for 60 days, until July 6. Is the Oregon football team really going to start practices in mid-July if the entire state is just coming out of lockdown?

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Artic ... 146815558/

California's Governor has told the *NFL* no football in front of fans through September.

Cal-Berkley's President isn't planning to have a fully opened campus this fall. Even with plans for a fully-opened campus, U of Arizona's president is skeptical about football this fall. Washington and Nevada seem to favor extension of restrictions and coordination with California and Oregon.

SEC Commissioner and some ADs and coaches have thrown out that "there is room for different conferences to make different decisions."

No or limited football involving California, Washington, Oregon, and Nevada schools would directly affect the PAC12 and MWC. May be we see a Mountain States scheduling group while schools in the Eastern and Central time zones play conference-only schedules:

BYU
Utah
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
Boise State
Utah State
Wyoming
Colorado State
Air Force
New Mexico
New Mexico State

Some good rivalry games in there. It's interesting - with an 8-game schedule, most of the schools would only need to find 2 or 3 new games to complete a workable 2020 schedule.

I could get behind this 2020 BYU football schedule:

Home: *Utah State, Colorado, Arizona, Wyoming
Road: *Utah, *Arizona State, *Boise State, Colorado State

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

hawkwing wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:07 am
ABYUFAN wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:07 am

I don't know about the rest of you but This provided me with a good laugh which is a good thing at this time. I would wish a good vet would work with this pet chihuahua in my neighborhood. A good sharp scalpel separating him from those little round things underneath him might cut some of his yapping down.