At what point...

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

At what point...

Post by snoscythe »

...would you be willing to take Ken Niumatalolo as BYU's head coach?

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: At what point...

Post by frdbtr »

snoscythe wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:48 am ...would you be willing to take Ken Niumatalolo as BYU's head coach?
I would have taken him before this debacle along with his offense.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Yes. A head coach that has successfully been a head coach already? Absolutely, yes.

I'd rather win than lose in style.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

snoscythe wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:48 am ...would you be willing to take Ken Niumatalolo as BYU's head coach?
He was my second choice after Anderson.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
CougarCrazy
BLUEshirt

Post by CougarCrazy »

I would not. I’d need to try a proven coach running a normal system. BYU is trying to provide on the job training for OCs. DC is still the coaches BFF.

They are killing their program, so maybe they will loosen things up and pay proven coaches now.

Ty’Son Williams looked like the real deal and they did not take advantage of that. No willingness to gamble on D the 1st drive in the second half was telling.

I still believe a good coach could make something. Bronco level success would be great.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

CougarCrazy wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:04 am I would not. I’d need to try a proven coach running a normal system. BYU is trying to provide on the job training for OCs. DC is still the coaches BFF.

They are killing their program, so maybe they will loosen things up and pay proven coaches now.

Ty’Son Williams looked like the real deal and they did not take advantage of that. No willingness to gamble on D the 1st drive in the second half was telling.

I still believe a good coach could make something. Bronco level success would be great.
Say what? I thought Bronco wasn't good enough, I thought we needed to get to the next level?!?! :roll: :whistle: :bug: :angry: (not directed at you but the entire fan base Cougarcrazy)

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

frdbtr wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:32 pm
CougarCrazy wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:04 am I would not. I’d need to try a proven coach running a normal system. BYU is trying to provide on the job training for OCs. DC is still the coaches BFF.

Say what? I thought Bronco wasn't good enough, I thought we needed to get to the next level?!?! :roll: :whistle: :bug: :angry: (not directed at you but the entire fan base Cougarcrazy)
People are forgetting that Bronco was not having "Bronco-level success" after we left the Mountain West.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Now. Right now.

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

I don't know that I want Ken. He has head coach experience, but how able is he to adapt to something other than the run oriented offenses he's had at Navy. I don't see that as our future, but to me, any coach that loses four times in a row to your rival, his days are done.

My only caveat to saying that he should be done is if he can win 2 of the next 3, then I'd still look at that.

In total honesty, I didn't watch the game. As much as I wish I could, I just don't enjoy the anxiety of seeing us lose to Puketah. I've DVR'd the game, but I don't know yet if I will watch or not.

What is surprising me significantly is where there are individuals over at CougarBoard noting that our team looked "gassed" in the 2nd half. If that turns out to be true, then KS should be gone. That is totally on a coach to have the team prepared. I just can't see that being the case.

tmoney35
Senior

Post by tmoney35 »

EM_Puma wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:30 pmWhat is surprising me significantly is where there are individuals over at CougarBoard noting that our team looked "gassed" in the 2nd half. If that turns out to be true, then KS should be gone. That is totally on a coach to have the team prepared. I just can't see that being the case.
I think came down to a couple factors. Utah must've changed the blocking scheme or something, because we kept Moss bottle up pretty well in the first half, but right out of the gate to start the third quarter he started running all over us no problem. I would blame scheme more than stamina (though that's still a coaching problem).

Then the offense couldn't sustain a drive. Punt, then fumble. I think we had like 2 minutes of possession in the third quarter. Then you could probably say gassed by the 4th.