Season predictions

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
a1247
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Season predictions

Post by a1247 »

I worry that after these 4 games against 4 P5 programs the team might not have enough healthy bodies left on the 2 deep to be competitive against Boise and USU. So far the major injuries have been limited but the small nagging injuries add up. And once you hit the mid point of the season they could become more and more of an issue. And that just so happens to be when BYU plays those 2 schools.

KingCoug
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by KingCoug »

a1247 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:13 am I worry that after these 4 games against 4 P5 programs the team might not have enough healthy bodies left on the 2 deep to be competitive against Boise and USU. So far the major injuries have been limited but the small nagging injuries add up. And once you hit the mid point of the season they could become more and more of an issue. And that just so happens to be when BYU plays those 2 schools.
That could indeed be a real issue.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
cscoug
BLUEshirt

Post by cscoug »

a1247 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:13 am I worry that after these 4 games against 4 P5 programs the team might not have enough healthy bodies left on the 2 deep to be competitive against Boise and USU. So far the major injuries have been limited but the small nagging injuries add up. And once you hit the mid point of the season they could become more and more of an issue. And that just so happens to be when BYU plays those 2 schools.
That is why I did not predict wins agains those teams. I was worried about injuries in the first 4 games even before the season started. This Toledo game, to me, will be the most tellling game as to whether or not we have turned the corner. Will go on the road, far east for us, with a number of injuries, and still win a game I think we should win? If so, we should go 9-4. I'm happy to be 2-2 at this point with a couple of great wins, especially if this means we continue to improve in the future. But even more than a win, I'm looking to see if our program is growing.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

Remember what Toledo did to our defense in 2016? Now we get them at their house with no Taysom Hill or Jamaal Williams. After the showing against Washington, I will be surprised if we win this one. I hope we do but I am not hopeful. My hope for being able to compete with some of the better teams on our schedule was to be competitive with teams like Washington even in losses.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Toledo is a must win.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!