Ty'Son Williams transfers to BYU

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Ty'Son Williams transfers to BYU

Post by hawkwing »

I didn't think it would happen!

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Ty'Son Williams transfers to BYU

Post by Fido »

BOOM!

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

I didn't either, but it's great for the team, but I'd hate to be the other backs seeing their carries this season suddenly go up in smoke.

They always say that's a great problem to have and we've surely seen it lately at QB, but still, I'd hate to have to deal with it as it will take quite the tactician to navigate those waters.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

So the guy that couldn't get on the field on a bad South Carolina team is going to come here and take all the carries away from the guys we already have?

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

He is good and I expect him to be the starter. Very good and welcome news.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLXWzQ2JqDg

He can also catch the ball. Nothing on blocking ability.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

I'm very happily surprised!

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Yes, this guy who couldn't find the field for a bad South Carolina team is going to walk into fall camp as the #1 RB. Now we might not have to turn to the #5 QB to fill or pull someone buried on the LB depth chart to make the change--or rely on a guy being fully recovered from a horrible ankle injury to carry a full load. Katoa is going to have to push for time. And with at least 3 RB transfers coming in, the coaching staff has addressed the biggest need on the offense coming into this year. Who was it claiming that Sitake blew the recruiting at RB this year and wasn't going to get anyone not too long ago?

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Fido wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:05 pm Yes, this guy who couldn't find the field for a bad South Carolina team is going to walk into fall camp as the #1 RB. Now we might not have to turn to the #5 QB to fill or pull someone buried on the LB depth chart to make the change--or rely on a guy being fully recovered from a horrible ankle injury to carry a full load. Katoa is going to have to push for time. And with at least 3 RB transfers coming in, the coaching staff has addressed the biggest need on the offense coming into this year. Who was it claiming that Sitake blew the recruiting at RB this year and wasn't going to get anyone not too long ago?
I have claimed that Sitake is a bad recruiter but I have not mentioned RB's in particular at all so I don't know who you are talking about. It is nice to have more depth at all positions but I was surprised by a claim that a graduate transfer who couldn't get on the field with a bad team was going to somehow come in here, master our offense in fall ball, and take all the carries from guys who are already here.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

frdbtr wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:09 am I have claimed that Sitake is a bad recruiter but I have not mentioned RB's in particular at all so I don't know who you are talking about. It is nice to have more depth at all positions but I was surprised by a claim that a graduate transfer who couldn't get on the field with a bad team was going to somehow come in here, master our offense in fall ball, and take all the carries from guys who are already here.
No, it wasn't you. I'm referring to snoscythe from signing day:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21897&hilit=sitake+rb&start=60
The only RB BYU has made an offer to that has not already signed an NLOI is Larenz Redd--a 2* kid who is committed to Boise. That's it. There are no "solid RB" recruits left--Kalani struck out.

I hope we get Albright, but even if we land both Albright and Redd--our last remaining RB recruit, that gets us a 143.7 score -- only good for a #80 class.