Step off the LEDGE!!

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Step off the LEDGE!!

Post by BroncoBot »

a1247 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:44 pm
BroncoBot wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:26 pm Is Matt wells LDS?
Doesn't matter if he is, he played and graduated from USU. He's an aggie through and through.
Good for him, and USU then. If they get a great coach who sticks around for a while, they're going to be hard to beat for years to come.

tmoney35
Senior

Post by tmoney35 »

I believe the OP meant to say was "step away from the ledge". This thread is just encouraging me to take that leap :lol:

But seriously though, what I was during that game was an unfocused, undisciplined, unmotivated team that didn't have the mental fortitude to hang with USU after getting punched in the mouth that first quarter. To me, that's on the coaches. They didn't come ready to play and it's a recurring theme with this staff

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

tmoney35 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:34 am I believe the OP meant to say was "step away from the ledge". This thread is just encouraging me to take that leap :lol:

But seriously though, what I was during that game was an unfocused, undisciplined, unmotivated team that didn't have the mental fortitude to hang with USU after getting punched in the mouth that first quarter. To me, that's on the coaches. They didn't come ready to play and it's a recurring theme with this staff
Exactly.

The Wisconsin game showed this team can play tough and motivated but that's not what we saw the last two games.

That's a coaching issue, first and foremost, but it also shows we have players who, while they like to win, don't hate to lose.

Just a huge disappointment all around.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

Hawaii is 6-1 and is going to come into Lavell Edwards stadium expecting a win. I don't see this team overcoming that. Not after what I have seen out of them the last 3 games. If McNeese had had bigger players, they would have beat us too. We overmatched them in size and physicality is the only reason we dominated them.

Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Cougarfan87 »

I have stepped off the ledge. I'm done with this coaching staff. At best, I see Sitake as another Whittingham that can motivate to win some big games, but never coach consistent winners. I'm ready to see what we could do with someone else. And I would have been fine with Ken N's option, or the Standford DC. I wanted it to work out for Kalani. I don't think it will.

I don't blame the Independent Schedule. All Bronco needed to do in my mind was beat Utah. That was his only shortcoming in the program. In short, I just want someone who beats the rival at least 50% of the time, beats all other FBS non-power 5 teams 80% of the time, and plays competitively against the P5s, beating them regularly. That is the type of program BYU should be to me. Anything less is underachieving.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Cougarfan87 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:37 pmI don't blame the Independent Schedule. All Bronco needed to do in my mind was beat Utah. That was his only shortcoming in the program. In short, I just want someone who beats the rival at least 50% of the time, beats all other FBS non-power 5 teams 80% of the time, and plays competitively against the P5s, beating them regularly. That is the type of program BYU should be to me. Anything less is underachieving.
+1

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director