Ball Control Ain't Gonna Win Many Games at BYU

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
jadesroom
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Ball Control Ain't Gonna Win Many Games at BYU

Post by jadesroom »

How soon people forget Hal Mitchell's coaching philosophy. So I'll say it first....at least first in a while... Paul Peterson for head coach.

Until then, grind it into the ground, six feet under, with the current coaching staff.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Ball Control Ain't Gonna Win Many Games at BYU

Post by Mars »

Or Darren Bevell.

Or Lance Anderson.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Mars wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:17 pm Or Darren Bevell.

Or Lance Anderson.
+1,000

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Darrell Bevel ain't coming, but I would love it if he did. IMO that would be a major coup for BYU to get him. Lance Anderson is another story, I think we could get him. Having said that, I am still rooting for Sitake to succeed and get things figured out because that would be good for BYU football. I am terribly frustrated but if he were to get it turned around we wouldn't have to worry about another coaching change. And finally, if we have another non bowl season, Sitake and the rest of the staff have got to go, unless we can figure out a way to keep Grimes as Oline coach.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

frdbtr wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm Darrell Bevel ain't coming, but I would love it if he did. IMO that would be a major coup for BYU to get him. Lance Anderson is another story, I think we could get him. Having said that, I am still rooting for Sitake to succeed and get things figured out because that would be good for BYU football. I am terribly frustrated but if he were to get it turned around we wouldn't have to worry about another coaching change. And finally, if we have another non bowl season, Sitake and the rest of the staff have got to go, unless we can figure out a way to keep Grimes as Oline coach.
And Holmoe needs to go with them.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

KingCoug wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:14 pm
frdbtr wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm Darrell Bevel ain't coming, but I would love it if he did. IMO that would be a major coup for BYU to get him. Lance Anderson is another story, I think we could get him. Having said that, I am still rooting for Sitake to succeed and get things figured out because that would be good for BYU football. I am terribly frustrated but if he were to get it turned around we wouldn't have to worry about another coaching change. And finally, if we have another non bowl season, Sitake and the rest of the staff have got to go, unless we can figure out a way to keep Grimes as Oline coach.
Kinda agree. If the best head coach BYU could have had was coaching at BYU for nearly a decade and holmoe lets him walk, Holmoe needs to go next.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

BroncoBot wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:55 pm
Kinda agree. If the best head coach BYU could have had was coaching at BYU for nearly a decade and holmoe lets him walk, Holmoe needs to go next.
Bronco (who was HC for 11 years) being the best BYU could have is an assumption I don't agree with.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

+1 I agree.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Holmoe's departure is overdue.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
CrimsonCoug
Senior

Post by CrimsonCoug »

Maybe. But Holmoe's smart enough to see the writing on the wall and let Sitake go first. He's done a decent job with BYU's other sports, and he has the faith and trust of the BOT. No scandal like the Val Hale days.

Holmoe made a big mistake by listening to donor voices and letting the relationship with Bronco sour. But I give him a pass for hiring Sitake. He looked decent and I don't think any of the other names were real options at the time.

Despite my kvetching, I, too, really hope Sitake works out. He's a tremendously generous human being. Makes it tough to be the head ball coach sometimes, though.

The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited to the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were and ask, "Why Not?" -JFK & SWK