Jake Heaps in All American Bowl

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BYUBALLIN
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jake Heaps in All American Bowl

Post by BYUBALLIN »

I think his arm looked good. He threw a pass about 40 yards on that 3 and 32 and WR almost caught it. This kid looks great, he is so pumped about being a Cougar. Heaps said he wants to represent his faith like Tebow did. The future looks bright to me.

cougarsunited
Freshman

Post by cougarsunited »

I was at the game, Jake looked fantastic, he was very poised, and yes, the eye-black under his right eye was just awesome. He is so excited to come to BYU, I love that guy, I hope he'll start, he is just perfect for us. His demeanor and the way he carries himself reminds me a lot of Tim Tebow.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

To be honest I didn't think Jake looked that good. He missed some open receivers had a lot of penalties and fumbled the snap a few times. His throws didn't have too much zip on them either.

All that means nothing to me though. It was just one game that he only had one week to play with his teamates. The guy is smart, talented, and driven. I believe he will make a HUGE impact on BYU football. He is a born leader and will take our program to new heights.

I kept looking for Apo but didn't find him. Jake seemed to be hooking up with some guy named woods the most.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

I thought Heaps came out a bit pumped and made some mistake early. But once he settled down, he looked solid. Good accuracy, good choices, threw some good balls. Arm strength was average like Max, but saw the whole field well. Loved that.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

For those interested:

As it was dominating the thread, I have split off the posts about Jake Heaps and his mission plans to the Lounge forum as it is no longer a football thread. Sorry to those of you who clicked on the thread expecting football. I should have known better than to opine on such a topic.

Keep the comments in here on the All American Bowl.

Go here for mission talk:

http://www.cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2105

-Brad