Urban Meyer: Leaving UF

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
StatsCougar
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Urban Meyer: Leaving UF

Post by StatsCougar »

Another question is who will replace Meyer. ESPN mentioned that Florida should look at KWitt. If he goes, what will happen to Utah?

CougarPeasant
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by CougarPeasant »

Apparently he has a heart condition, which is non threatening, fortunately. The guy is a brilliant coach, although I don't agree with his methods of motivation.

Here's to a full life for his and his family's sake.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

CougarPeasant wrote:Apparently he has a heart condition, which is non threatening, fortunately. The guy is a brilliant coach, although I don't agree with his methods of motivation.

Here's to a full life for his and his family's sake.
Again if it were something life threatening, this would have been front page news a while ago.

He could have chronic atrial fibrillation, high blood pressure, etc. etc. but thus far nothing diagnostic has been named and certainly you can still coach and be much more unhealthy (aka rick majerus) so I'm going to consider this burnout until something more concrete rules that out.

I certainly don't wish any physical harm on Urban or anyone (even Austin Collie ;) ) but forgive me if I have a hard time believing Urban as far as his real motivations here. I guess we'll see.

CougarPeasant
All-American

Post by CougarPeasant »

Actually, I take him at face value on this one. I read on ESPN that he has a heart condition and they are reporting now that it's something that has been ongoing for years and he finally sees it as serious enough to step down and get healthy again. He will return to Florida in some capacity once he's in better shape, but it won't be as head coach.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

Regardless, Lane Kiffin just had a great day.

I hope whoever Florida replaces Meyer with, that they keep their foot down on Tennessee....

BYUROCKS
Junior

Post by BYUROCKS »

CougarPeasant wrote:Actually, I take him at face value on this one. I read on ESPN that he has a heart condition and they are reporting now that it's something that has been ongoing for years and he finally sees it as serious enough to step down and get healthy again. He will return to Florida in some capacity once he's in better shape, but it won't be as head coach.

Well he was hospitalized for chest pains... after the bama loss, I thought it was his heart braking, sadly it could be his heart doing something else :~( :~(

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

BYUROCKS wrote:
CougarPeasant wrote:Actually, I take him at face value on this one. I read on ESPN that he has a heart condition and they are reporting now that it's something that has been ongoing for years and he finally sees it as serious enough to step down and get healthy again. He will return to Florida in some capacity once he's in better shape, but it won't be as head coach.

Well he was hospitalized for chest pains... after the bama loss, I thought it was his heart braking, sadly it could be his heart doing something else :~( :~(

Again, this could be directly related to exhaustion, dehydration, not eating/not sleeping (people have died from playing computer games for 2 days straight... so this is hardly surprising)

I have yet to hear a medical diagnosis... which is surprising considering who we're talking about.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I was just telling my wife the other day I feel sorry for Shelly Meyer. Because one day the devil is going to come for Urban's soul that he sold for football glory. I didn't mean any life-threatening issue though. But those symptoms are associated with about every medical problem out there.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Y&Brit
Freshman

Post by Y&Brit »

I heard Tebow's mission will be to take over as HC

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I've been predicting for a while now that Tebow and Meyer end up in Jacksonville next August.