Recruit Watch 12/15

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Recruit Watch 12/15

Post by Mars »

http://heraldextra.com/sports/college/b ... 451b9.html

• The Juice: BYU prospect Josh "Juice" Quezada (6-0 198 RB) ran for 151 yards on 39 carries as La Habra (Calif.) shut out Trabuco Hills 21-0 to win the CIF-Southern Section Southwest Division state championship. It was La Habra's third straight CIF title and fifth this decade. "I'm proud of everybody," Quezada told the Orange County Register. "I thank the young guys because I told them to get it for the seniors and to help get us back the finals."

• Shocking loss: Despite 295 yards and four touchdowns from UCLA commit Malcolm Jones, Oaks Christian (Calif.) fell to Gardena Serra 42-41 in overtime in the CIF Northwest Division championship game. Jones scored a touchdown in the overtime but Oaks Christian missed the extra point, giving Gardena Serra the opening to pull off the upset. BYU commit Zac Stout (6-2 220 LB) posted 10 tackles for Oaks Christian, which lost for the first time in 34 games.

• Do it all: BYU commit Graham Rowley (6-4 270 OL/DL) of Waialua (Hawaii) had two sacks, four tackles and one blocked pass as the East All-Stars beat the West All-Stars 27-6 in the HUB Goodwill Senior Bowl in Aloha Stadium. He also, on the suggestion of his coach, played tight end and caught a 4-yard touchdown pass for the East team. "I was kind of nervous. I thought I'd drop it," Rowley told the Honolulu Star-Bulletin. "I dropped those at practice. I never caught one in a game situation." Rowley was named first team all-conference offense and defense by OIA White coaches last week.

• Wants to be a Cougar: BYU added another recruit to the Class of 2010 last week with Toloa'i Ho Ching (5-11 210 LB), a linebacker from Alta High School (Utah). Ho Ching accounted for 81 tackles and 10.5 tackles for loss for Alta, which finished 10-3 and lost to eventual 5A state champion Bingham in the semifinals. Ho Ching joins teammate Jordan Black (6-7 230 OL) as a BYU commit.

• Just short: Helix (Calif.) and 2011 BYU prospect Sammy Meredith :skeptic: (6-4 250 OL/TE/DE) saw their playoff run end with a 26-10 loss to Oceanside in the San Diego Section Division II state championship game. Oceanside has won 38 straight games.

• Postseason honors: BYU commit Kona Schwenke (6-5 200 DE) of Kahuku (Hawaii) has been named Defensive Player of the Year by O'ahu Interscholastic Association Red Conference coaches. Teammate and fellow BYU commit Haouli Jamora (6-2 230 DE) was selected to the All-Conference first team.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
snoscythe
Retired

Re: Recruit Watch 12/15

Post by snoscythe »

81 tackles. Wowza. ;)

Wickchad
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Wickchad »

Isn't there another Collie brother in high school right now? Is he on any of the recruiting radars yet?

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Wickchad84087 wrote:Isn't there another Collie brother in high school right now? Is he on any of the recruiting radars yet?
Dylan, a sophomore, is on the JV team. Besides, I think the Collie's have soured on BYU. Personally, I blame the anonymous internet posters who were overly harsh about Austin.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Funny Mars!