Wow...

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
wildeone
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Wow...

Post by wildeone »

Ok, so Ive been looking on the major sports websites and Ive been watching ESPN, and EVERYONE is picking Oregon State to win! I'm not exaggerating... What the heck??? Well, this may be a good thing for BYU, they were underdogs against oregon in 2006, and we all know what happened then.... :D

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Wow...

Post by urroner »

Not that we were underdogs back then, but the 1996 team that won the Cotton Bowl was an eye opener for many of my friends here in Florida. They might all be Gator or Seminole fans, but they have respect for BYU, well, that was until BYU lost to Florida State this year. Bummer dude.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
Mingjai
All-American

Post by Mingjai »

wildeone wrote:Ok, so Ive been looking on the major sports websites and Ive been watching ESPN, and EVERYONE is picking Oregon State to win! I'm not exaggerating... What the heck??? Well, this may be a good thing for BYU, they were underdogs against oregon in 2006, and we all know what happened then.... :D
I'm not surprised. Rankings aside, Oregon State under Coach Riley is a good bowl team. Taking into account that OSU and BYU are sitting in similar positions in the rankings, I would put spread for BYU as even at best.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

Mingjai wrote:
wildeone wrote:Ok, so Ive been looking on the major sports websites and Ive been watching ESPN, and EVERYONE is picking Oregon State to win! I'm not exaggerating... What the heck??? Well, this may be a good thing for BYU, they were underdogs against oregon in 2006, and we all know what happened then.... :D
I'm not surprised. Rankings aside, Oregon State under Coach Riley is a good bowl team. Taking into account that OSU and BYU are sitting in similar positions in the rankings, I would put spread for BYU as even at best.
If I were not a BYU homer I would pick oregon state as well. Their strengths go to our weaknesses (strong passing team, speed on the endges, etc.).

I can tell you this much. BYU's offense better show up or BYU will lose this game.

SenorCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by SenorCougar »

Given the slow-starting offense as of late, if the mighty Cougs win the coin toss, should they receive or defer??? Does anybody know Oregon States record this year on its opening possession?

ProV1
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ProV1 »

Does it matter? Does some media guy's opinion have any affect on the game? All prediction shows/articles/polls should be made illegal in my opinion. What a waste of time.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

Max Hall needs to play well for us to win. If he puts a TCU/FSU/Utah performance out there, we lose. That is, unless Anae decides to run it down their throats with Unga and power formations. Of course, I will expect the Second Coming before I see Anae stick to that a full 60 minutes.

I do like us in an underdog role though. We play better with something to prove than we do with something to lose. We have been poor front runners lately.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

OSU just played in the Civil War with a chance to go to the Rose Bowl. They've been getting a lot more attention nationally than BYU for the past several weeks and the team that is currently more visible is the one that the media likes, it's not surprising.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

I think too many people mistakenly think that this is the same BYU team that played Arizona last year, that we have zero speed on defense, that Max Hall will throw multiple multiple interceptions, and that the players don't care to go back to another bowl game in Las Vegas again.

People are stupid. They're wrong.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars