Spring Ball 2015

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
golong
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Spring Ball 2015

Post by golong »

Who's bright idea was it to move Kaufusi to linebacker anyway, that seemed pretty dumb to me. He is clearly not a linebacker, but he is clearly a DE. Strange that he would be moved to linebacker when BYU is always pretty loaded at linebacker anyway; we are not so loaded at DE.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Brayden Green »

golong wrote:Who's bright idea was it to move Kaufusi to linebacker anyway, that seemed pretty dumb to me. He is clearly not a linebacker, but he is clearly a DE. Strange that he would be moved to linebacker when BYU is always pretty loaded at linebacker anyway; we are not so loaded at DE.
By all accounts Howell wanted it. Sno linked an article from him on DSoB that he was trying to create a new defense called "casting shadows". It failed miserably, as anyone with a brain knew it would. Take your beat pass rusher off the line and have him out in space because he is tall? Ermmmmm.... yeah.

As dumb as it was, Bronco went along with it, once again giving his assistant coaches enough rope to hang themselves with.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Brayden Green wrote:
golong wrote:Who's bright idea was it to move Kaufusi to linebacker anyway, that seemed pretty dumb to me. He is clearly not a linebacker, but he is clearly a DE. Strange that he would be moved to linebacker when BYU is always pretty loaded at linebacker anyway; we are not so loaded at DE.
By all accounts Howell wanted it. Sno linked an article from him on DSoB that he was trying to create a new defense called "casting shadows". It failed miserably, as anyone with a brain knew it would. Take your beat pass rusher off the line and have him out in space because he is tall? Ermmmmm.... yeah.

As dumb as it was, Bronco went along with it, once again giving his assistant coaches enough rope to hang themselves with.

Actually accounts have said it was a move pushed by Bronson and his dad, because they felt his path to the NFL was better suited as a LB than a DE.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Brayden Green »

I havent seen or heard that. Is there a link somewhere? He is a 4-3 down DE archetype, so *that* would be his best path I would think.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

It was talked about in one of the CougarCorner podcasts, but I honestly don't recall which one. I'm sure there is an article or tweet about it somewhere, but that's all I got for you.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

hawkwing wrote:It was talked about in one of the CougarCorner podcasts, but I honestly don't recall which one. I'm sure there is an article or tweet about it somewhere, but that's all I got for you.
I can go Tweet it. Happy to spread rumors over the Internet.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

So who is going to the spring game on Friday? I won't be but would love to hear a report. I think I am going to try and get tickets to a game this fall though. I'm hoping my wife gets her back fixed by then so I don't feel like a doof ditching my wife at home to go to a game. I'm up in Davis County so its just far enough to be far. My daughter goes to school at UVU so maybe we'll make a dinner with the daughter/watch a football game night.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

My prediciton is that a lot fewer fans will be going this Friday in comparison To last years.
I hope to go.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

I got out of the hospital just so I could go.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

I've never made it to a spring game. But I'd bet there would be more people out if Tanner Mangum was home early enough to participate in spring ball. ;)