Not crying sour grapes but...

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
AmmonCougar1
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Not crying sour grapes but...

Post by AmmonCougar1 »

I just 'spot checked' a few of the leaders in the Football Predictions games and realized that there are fans that don't pick BYU every week. Call me naive, it wouldn't be the first time I missed the obvious. But I always pick BYU even if I'm pretty sure they aren't going to win. So if you added up my "5pts" and "Most TD's" and/or "Most FG's" for games I was pretty sure BYU was going to lose but picked them anyway and obviously picked the corresponding TD's and FG's I would be a few place or more up.

Rant over. Just trying to make myself feel better for being the type of fan that never picks against my team.

Go Cougs!!!
J. Child
Ammon, ID

BroncoBot
Retired

Re: Not crying sour grapes but...

Post by BroncoBot »

people are still playig the prediction game?

J/K Hawk! ;)

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

I won the regular season prediction game a few years ago but fell 3 points short after the bowl game to a contestant that picked against BYU in the Utah game. Smart move on his part.

Last year I won football and basketball after spending hours each weak researching opponents and opponents opponents.

This year, I just take a wild guess and always pick BYU. And my results reflect that.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

I won a few years ago and yes I did predict against the cougs. It's a prediction game not who's the biggest homer game.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I've picked BYU every game, and I was in the top 3-5 up until the BSU game. Still in the top 10.

No shame in that.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

A side note - that I found interesting. I looked at 2 of our past perennial foes to see how they are doing in the AP Top 25 this week.

TCU - #10, 6-1
UofU - #18, 6-1
BYU - unranked, 4-4

Not crying sour grapes. But, our 2 major historical rivals are doing pretty well.

Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Cougarfan87 »

Ddawg wrote:A side note - that I found interesting. I looked at 2 of our past perennial foes to see how they are doing in the AP Top 25 this week.

TCU - #10, 6-1
UofU - #18, 6-1
BYU - unranked, 4-4

Not crying sour grapes. But, our 2 major historical rivals are doing pretty well.
Maybe going to a bigger conference can pay dividends in recruiting. TCU and Utah look pretty good depth wise. Now we just need to win so that we are appealing to the Big XII. This season is happening at a very bad time.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Agree. The timing is not good.