Rating the bowl matchups from worst to first (MSN FoxSports)

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BYUROCKS
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Rating the bowl matchups from worst to first (MSN FoxSports)

Post by BYUROCKS »

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/1050 ... ?GT1=39002

33. New Mexico Bowl
Dec. 19, Albuquerque, N.M., 2:30 p.m., ESPN
Wyoming vs. Fresno State

Three Reasons To Watch This Bowl: 1) Wyoming is in a bowl game. After years of sputtering, this is a big step forward under first-year head coach Dave Christensen. 2) Fresno State RB Ryan Mathews, the nation's leader in average rushing yards per game. 3) Fresno State has won seven of its last eight games.
And Why You Should Spend Your Time Roasting Your Chestnuts: Fresno State has one of the nation's worst run defenses, but Wyoming has no offense whatsoever. One long Mathews run and this could be over.
Three Names To Drop Who'll Make The Perky Girl In Accounting Want To Take You Into The Storeroom During The Holiday Party For Smooches: 1) Austyn Carta-Samuels, QB Wyoming, 2) Seyi Ajirotutu, WR Fresno State, 3) John Fletcher, DT Wyoming
First-Thought Pick That Might Change In The Next Few Days On A Whim: Fresno State 31 ... Wyoming 10

23. San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl
Dec. 23, San Diego, 8 p.m., ESPN
Utah vs. California

Three Reasons To Watch This Bowl: 1) Mountain West vs. Pac 10 is always interesting. If the Utes win, that will only add fuel to the fire that the top three teams in the M-West are as good as anyone in the Pac 10. 2) Utah is on an eight-game winning streak in the bowls. Its three losses were to TCU, Oregon, and BYU (in double overtime). 3) When Cal decides to play, it has the playmakers and the athleticism to come up with the win.
And Why You Should Spend Your Time Roasting Your Chestnuts: When Cal doesn't decide to play, yeeeeeeesh. Cal hasn't quite played up to its talent level on a consistent basis and Jahvid Best is questionable at very best.
Three Names To Drop That'll Make The Perky Girl In Accounting Want To Take You Into The Storeroom During The Holiday Party For Smooches: 1) Zane Beadles, OT Utah, 2) Shane Vereen, RB Cal (if Best can't go), 3) Mike Mohamed, LB Cal
First-Thought Pick That Might Change In The Next Few Days On A Whim: Utah 31 ... California 24

13. MAACO Las Vegas Bowl
Dec. 22, Las Vegas Nev., 8 p.m., ESPN
BYU vs. Oregon State

Three Reasons To Watch This Bowl: 1) Oregon State has won five straight bowl games. Mike Riley has his team pumped up for postseason games. 2) BYU can prove once and for all that it's a good team, and not just a decent team with a strong record. 3) Oregon State RB Jacquizz Rodgers. He deserves far more love on a national level.
And Why You Should Spend Your Time Roasting Your Chestnuts: If BYU plays like it did against Florida State or TCU, this could get really bad, really quickly. QB Max Hall is overdue for another meltdown game.
Three Names To Drop That'll Make The Perky Girl In Accounting Want To Take You Into The Storeroom During The Holiday Party For Smooches: 1) Sean Canfield, QB BYU, 2) James Rodgers, WR Oregon State, 3) Harvey Unga, RB BYU
First-Thought Pick That Might Change In The Next Few Days On A Whim: Oregon State 34 ... BYU 17

2. Tostitos Fiesta Bowl
Jan. 4, Phoenix, 8 p.m., FOX
Boise State vs. TCU

Three Reasons To Watch This Bowl: 1) Really, this might be the national championship game. These two are playing better than the Longhorns and the Tide. 2) These might be the two most complete teams in America. TCU leads the nation in defense and is fourth in offense and first in kickoff returns. Boise State is No. 1 in scoring offense, 13th in total defense and ninth in punting. 3) Jerry Hughes and the TCU pass rush vs. Boise State's offensive line that has allowed the fewest number of sacks in America.
And Why You Should Spend Your Time Roasting Your Chestnuts: We're not going to learn much. The winner will have beaten a non-BCS team, while the loser will have lost to a non-BCS team. Last year's Poinsettia Bowl wasn't that entertaining.
Three Names To Drop That'll Make The Perky Girl In Accounting Want To Take You Into The Storeroom During The Holiday Party For Smooches: 1) Jeremy Kerley, WR/PR TCU, 2) Ryan Winterswyk, DE Boise State, 3) Daryl Washington, LB TCU
First-Thought Pick That Might Change In The Next Few Days On A Whim: TCU 20 ... Boise State 17
1. Bell Helicopters Armed Forces Bowl
Dec. 31, Fort Worth, Texas., noon, ESPN
Air Force vs. Houston

Three Reasons To Watch This Bowl: 1) It's not the BCS Championship and it doesn't matter in the scheme of the college football universe, but this, without question, will be the most entertaining bowl game of the college football season. Every Houston game is interesting thanks to the nation's No. 2 scoring offense, the No. 1 overall offense, and the No. 1 passing attack. 2) Houston games are also fun because the defense couldn't stop you and 10 friends from running the ball, and ... 3) Air Force is fourth in the nation in rushing. The Falcons also lead the nation in pass defense. This will be interesting.
And Why You Should Spend Your Time Roasting Your Chestnuts: Air Force won last year's Armed Forces Bowl over Houston 34-28. It was entertaining, but it wasn't all that great.
Three Names To Drop That'll Make The Perky Girl In Accounting Want To Take You Into The Storeroom During The Holiday Party For Smooches: 1) James Cleveland, WR Houston, 2) Jared Tew, RB Air Force, 3) Marcus McGraw, LB Houston
First Thought Pick That Might Change In The Next Few Days On A Whim: Houston 48 ... Air Force 45

Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Rating the bowl matchups from worst to first (MSN FoxSports)

Post by Schmoe »

The Utard loss to BYU was only in overtime, not double overtime. Details, man, details! (addressing whoever wrote this, of course, not BYUROCKS)

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
BYUROCKS
Junior

Post by BYUROCKS »

Schmoe wrote:The Utard loss to BYU was only in overtime, not double overtime. Details, man, details! (addressing whoever wrote this, of course, not BYUROCKS)
ya the gay that wrote this was epic fail notice the bold, he even got BYU's QB wrong, I LOVE how he has 2 MWC games as #1, and #2, and how he said #2 is like the real NCG

kiwibacon
All-American

Post by kiwibacon »

BYUROCKS wrote:
Schmoe wrote:The Utard loss to BYU was only in overtime, not double overtime. Details, man, details! (addressing whoever wrote this, of course, not BYUROCKS)
ya the gay that wrote this was epic fail notice the bold, he even got BYU's QB wrong, I LOVE how he has 2 MWC games as #1, and #2, and how he said #2 is like the real NCG
The author also states that AFA won last year over Houston. Not correct. Houston won last year in the Armed forces bowl. Not even close to the right score for that game last year either.

...and what about him saying the TCU/BSU game last year was boring...what game was he watching. I thought it was great game.

runbyu1
Sophomore

Post by runbyu1 »

Major props for the Mountain West Bowls! Air Force game at #1, TCU game ranked ahead of the supposed NC game?

Sean Canfield?

kiwibacon
All-American

Post by kiwibacon »

runbyu1 wrote:
Sean Canfield?
Oregon State QB.

Y&Brit
Freshman

Post by Y&Brit »

Air Force lost to Houston and beat them in the regular season the same year. Lazy at his job much?

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Although the guy is a dummy, I did enjoy this little gem: "2) Houston games are also fun because the defense couldn't stop you and 10 friends from running the ball."

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,