ND gets Kelly as coach

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

ND gets Kelly as coach

Post by scott715 »

What are your thoughts? I hate ND, opps can't say that, I like to watch them lose. So I am not happy about the hiring. But then again, Cincinatti is in some trouble and the Big East took a hit.

If Kelly flopps, then maybe ND will have a hard time filling the coaching spot. Kelly will have a tough record next year. And then what about their recruiting class? Do they lose some of their recruits? Can Kelly keep them and get some studs added to the class?

Mars
Retired

Re: ND gets Kelly as coach

Post by Mars »

I can't believe he leads his seniors to an undefeated season and then ditches them before their bowl game.

Then again, I guess it's no different than players who leave school early for the NFL. Money comes first.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

I'm taking a "wait & see" attitude w/ the new coach @ Notre Dame. I think the problems are bigger that just switching coaches. I was not a Charlie Weis fan - but he is a bright football mind - and he could not win - consistently.

So - I think Kelly has some major challenges ahead of him. Notre Dame should continue to struggle. We'll see what the fallout is. If I was a highly rated recruit - I'd look elsewhere to sign my LOI.

By the way - money is not a bad thing - it feeds the family & pays the heating bills.
8)

Y&Brit
Freshman

Post by Y&Brit »

Another Kragthorpe hire...I dare you to tell me wrong, in 5 years same deal

kiwibacon
All-American

Post by kiwibacon »

Y&Brit wrote:Another Kragthorpe hire...I dare you to tell me wrong, in 5 years same deal
That has been my initial thoughts. I don't see Kelly coming in and turning things around quickly. ND has a very tough schedule next year. They will lose a lot of key players in key positions. Kelly has a large task in front of him.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Y&Brit wrote:Another Kragthorpe hire...I dare you to tell me wrong, in 5 years same deal
Kragthorpe - as in the head coach of Louisville - fired after 3 years????? Probably true - I think Notre Dame has some real talent - great recruits - but something is amiss under the golden dome.

I think you hit it on the head. I think the challenges will continue @ Notre Dame. Just look @ UCLA & Neuheilsel / Chow - and next year will be their 3rd year. Football is a complex sport and there are no band-aid fixes.
8)

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Just look at how well the last great Big east coach has done since moving up in the world to Michigan...

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Mars wrote:
Just look at how well the last great Big east coach has done since moving up in the world to Michigan...
Ouch!!!! A dagger through the heart!!!!! LOL!!!! Good luck Coach Kelly - you'll need it!!!
Ha - ha - ha - ha!!!!
:crazy:

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I wonder if ND now wishes that they had a bowl game. Couldn't Kelly use the practices to get to know his players and to begin to get ready for next season? If I was AD I never would have allowed the players to decide. No forthought at all.

mormonrasta
Junior

Post by mormonrasta »

Kelly is alot closer to Urban Meyer than Kragthorpe.