T-Shirts

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BigCougsFan
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: T-Shirts

Post by BigCougsFan »

Easy there 4ever. It's easy talking shiz when your own team hasn't played anyone worth bragging about, until Air Force. Now that Air Force and TCU has exposed Utah(notice they've stuggled winning since then?). I look forward to watching Wynn struggling against this team with a "losing record".
Last edited by BigCougsFan on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

ute4ever wrote:I like the "By George, We Win" shirts......what is your record again? Oh ya, a losing record. Too bad George is gone.
Poor little guys, get seal-clubbed by TCU in Salt Lake wearing butt-ugly uniforms and they just don't know what to do. :munch:

Shouldn't you be on a yewt message board typing up a page-long post about how Wynn should have been benched for Cain once the game was out-of-reach in the 2nd quarter? :lol:

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Mars wrote:
ute4ever wrote:I like the "By George, We Win" shirts......what is your record again? Oh ya, a losing record. Too bad George is gone.
Poor little guys, get seal-clubbed by TCU in Salt Lake wearing butt-ugly uniforms and they just don't know what to do. :munch:

Shouldn't you be on a yewt message board typing up a page-long post about how Wynn should have been benched for Cain once the game was out-of-reach in the 2nd quarter? :lol:
And instead of "ute4ever" as a moniker, shouldn't it be "utetiltheyloseacouple" ? Seems more fitting paired with your behavior.
Last edited by Brayden Green on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BlueIsBetter wrote:
Mars wrote:

And instead of "ute4ever" as a moniker, shouldn't it be "utetiltheyloseacouple" ? Seems more fitting paired with your behavior.
Lose a couple? More like "utetiltheyloseonce."

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

kitic77 wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Mars wrote:

Lose a couple? More like "utetiltheyloseonce."
I was trying to be generous. Ok, i concede to you. :)

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

Mars wrote:
Trying to attach a shirt I made.

Keep in mind, I have 1/1000th the graphical skill of a guy like Sammich...
Seriously, hawking, you need to make a shirt like this. i'll buy it. maybe find a way to slyly suggest its heaps.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

jonnylingo wrote:
Mars wrote:
Trying to attach a shirt I made.

Keep in mind, I have 1/1000th the graphical skill of a guy like Sammich...
Seriously, hawking, you need to make a shirt like this. i'll buy it. maybe find a way to slyly suggest its heaps.
I love the idea, BYU's licensing dept. would be all over my like flies on poop for the Y on the mountain (they are surprisingly active in that dept. and I don't want to piss them off to much). Maybe I can remake something without the Y...

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

hawkwing wrote: I love the idea, BYU's licensing dept. would be all over my like flies on poop for the Y on the mountain (they are surprisingly active in that dept. and I don't want to piss them off to much). Maybe I can remake something without the Y...
The letter Y isn't trade-marked. As long as you don't use the stretch-Y or block-Y logos, feel free to print a shirt with a Y on the helmet, the jersey, the mountain, whatever you want.

That goes with putting Heaps' number on a jersey too. Numbers aren't trademarks either. There's nothing they can about that.

Same thing again with first names: "Max", "Harvey", "Jake", etc.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Mars wrote:
hawkwing wrote: I love the idea, BYU's licensing dept. would be all over my like flies on poop for the Y on the mountain (they are surprisingly active in that dept. and I don't want to piss them off to much). Maybe I can remake something without the Y...
The letter Y isn't trade-marked. As long as you don't use the stretch-Y or block-Y logos, feel free to print a shirt with a Y on the helmet, the jersey, the mountain, whatever you want.

That goes with putting Heaps' number on a jersey too. Numbers aren't trademarks either. There's nothing they can about that.

Same thing again with first names: "Max", "Harvey", "Jake", etc.
I honestly admit that I'm not too up on my copyright/trademark law, but I have had communication from BYU in the past telling me not to use something that just had a capital Y on it. Seeing as how I do this as a hobby and could not afford even the simplest of law suits I complied. Anyone with a legal degree want to chime in? Anyone willing to represent me pro bono if there are problems?

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

TAKE TWO:

*I DO think the use of all 3 defining symbols here ("Y", "JAKE", "9") does consist of clear copyright violation when used in conjunction with each other, even if any one or even two of them together are easily passed off legally as coincidental.

BUT! - Feel free to print out a large version of this and take it to a t-shirt maker. He'll whip one up for you no problem, and likely for under twenty bucks. It's mass production and sales that could get sticky, if discovered...
Attachments
footballshirtjake.JPG