Am I the only one whos super psyched for this game?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
wildeone
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Am I the only one whos super psyched for this game?

Post by wildeone »

We get a ranked opponent for our bowl game!!!!! Who cares where its played? This is one of 2 non bcs games that features 2 ranked teams, so it will automatically get publicity for that. This is the best bowl matchup that byu has gotten in a long time!!!! I cant wait to watch this game! Two offensive powerhouses duking it out! This is a huge opportunity for byu and I think that the players will get up for this game, this will be one of the best opponents theyve played this year!!!

Defense makes some key stops
BYU-35
OSU-27
Last edited by wildeone on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Am I the only one whos super phsyched for this game?

Post by gmj81 »

I'm definitely excited for it. Not only did we get the better opponent but we're also getting more money. How do you like that pukes?

All the talk out of SLC this past week was they thought they were going to the LVB due to the technicality of "BYU fatigue". But the bottomline for any bowl is what available teams will make the money. I don't agree with the system that rewards money with money but even on based on performance, BYU ousted the pukes and finished #2 in the MWC so they would deserve the more profitable bowl.

ProV1
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Am I the only one whos super phsyched for this game?

Post by ProV1 »

wildeone wrote:We get a ranked opponent for our bowl game!!!!! Who cares where its played? This is one of 2 non bcs games that features 2 ranked teams, so it will automatically get publicity for that. This is the best bowl matchup that byu has gotten in a long time!!!! I cant wait to watch this game! Two offensive powerhouses duking it out! This is a huge opportunity for byu and I think that the players will get up for this game, this will be one of the best opponents theyve played this year!!!

Defense makes some key stops
BYU-35
OSU-27
I'm excited, but not extra "h" and 14 exclamation points excited. Maybe I'll get there.

Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Am I the only one whos super psyched for this game?

Post by Cougarfan87 »

I am stoked. If the game were anywhere else I would not see it. But since it sinced up with my travel plans exactly, it was a sign, nay, it was an omen of good things to come. And the match-up makes it even better. OSU is a good team, so I am hoping for a great game with BYU coming out on top. Perhaps that will get my son hooked on going to BYU at the young age of 6 since he is a huge football fan but has not ever seen a live game. Don't let me down Cougs. Take it to OSU!!!

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
Mithrandir
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Not so much...

Post by Mithrandir »

It's funny, I'm not as jazzed as I thought I'd be...and I can't put my finger on why. I'm usually ecstatic, regardless of the oponent. Maybe it's just my disgust for the general state of college football. Only one post-season game means anything under the current system (and even that is a stretch).

Moreover, OSU is a tough matchup for us. Their team speed is terrific. Given this, and our defense's penchant for making decent QB's look like all-american's, I'm afraid it might get ugly. They're probably the best offensive team we've seen all year.

I'm sure I'll be up for it come game day, but, I'm having a hard time getting too pumped for any of the matchups this bowl season.

"There are many powers in the world, for good or for evil. Some are greater than I am. Against some I have not yet been measured. But my time is coming.”