As bad as the BCS is...

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Mithrandir
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

As bad as the BCS is...

Post by Mithrandir »

(we all know them for the demon spawn that they are) I'm even more disgusted by the NCAA. That they've allowed this mockery of fairplay and sportsmanship to continue for so long is unconscienable. They should be be sanctioned right along with the BCS.

It seems like every year, about this time, I start wondering why I continue to watch major college football at all. Part of me wants to boycot every bowl game wherein one or more of the participants are from a cartel conference (besides whatever bowl BYU plays in). At what point am I (we) complicit in this by continuing to tune in to "big-time" college football games? What kind of ratings would they get if everybody who felt like we do, simply tuned out?

As painful as it's going to be, I'm not going watch any of the BCS bowl games (besides the Fiesta Bowl), including the "Championship Game" (I shall heretofore refer to it as the un-championship game) this year.

"There are many powers in the world, for good or for evil. Some are greater than I am. Against some I have not yet been measured. But my time is coming.”