Holy Crap ... Really Max Hall?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Holy Crap ... Really Max Hall?

Post by Ddawg »

I'll say it again: Yeahhhh Max!!!!!! Good for ya!!!!!!!

Hey Yewt fans - go choke on a chicken bone!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

We're all still riled up about the game and the comments (of which I don't blame Max Hall for at all, if someone threw beer at my family I would go after them with everything I've got, and I fully believe Hall, he's never lied about anything before, so I think it is likely that his family was hit with beer last year) but lets keep our comments classy here, we can let the scoreboard and Hall do the talking for us.

Italics
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Italics »

Ddawg wrote:I'll say it again: Yeahhhh Max!!!!!! Good for ya!!!!!!!

Actually, the danger is probably greater that some passed out, drunk :utard: will choke on their own vomit.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
BYUTIME
Recruit

Post by BYUTIME »

Italics wrote:

Actually, the danger is probably greater that some passed out, drunk :utard: will choke on their own vomit.
To be honest... getting tired of the holier than though "drunk" comments. We come off sounding self-righteous and ridiculous (think vegans believing you're going to hell for drinking milk).

And BTW, since I can't see any church authority making a similar public statement, I don't think Max's comments were ok.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

BYUTIME wrote:
Italics wrote:

To be honest... getting tired of the holier than though "drunk" comments. We come off sounding self-righteous and ridiculous (think vegans believing you're going to hell for drinking milk).

And BTW, since I can't see any church authority making a similar public statement, I don't think Max's comments were ok.
I can't see any church authority throwing for the winning touchdown pass either.

Don't worry about others sounding self righteous when you make comments like that; you've done a fine job yourself.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

BYUTIME wrote: And BTW, since I can't see any church authority making a similar public statement, I don't think Max's comments were ok.
That's kind of a weird standard to live by.. what level of Authority is it safe to go by? 70? Cause I'm sure there are many things George P. Lee has said that I'd have a problem with...

Dcr36
All-American

Post by Dcr36 »

Two different reactions I find myself having:

1. I don't like the comments because they were classless, and likely will only reinforce perceptions that makes this rivalry so ugly.

2. I kinda like these comments, because they'll undoubtedly become storied and only reinforce the perceptions that make this rivalry so ugly.

I think my #1 reaction is a little stronger than my #2 reaction. Someone earlier said "let Max and the scoreboard speak for us." I only really agree with the second half of that statement. I wonder if Max would have been less belligerent had his stats been more outstanding.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I personally take issue with the entire premise of this thread. It is founded upon the presumption that crap can be holy. I have yet to be convinced of the divinity of crap, so until I am convinced otherwise, I refuse to participate in a holy crap thread.

BYUTIME
Recruit

Post by BYUTIME »

craigoscarson wrote:
BYUTIME wrote:
Italics wrote:

I can't see any church authority throwing for the winning touchdown pass either.
So you get clemency just because you can throw a football?

kiwibacon
All-American

Post by kiwibacon »

snoscythe wrote:I personally take issue with the entire premise of this thread. It is founded upon the presumption that crap can be holy. I have yet to be convinced of the divinity of crap, so until I am convinced otherwise, I refuse to participate in a holy crap thread.
Word... and agreed...