Typical BYU utah game

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Typical BYU utah game

Post by frdbtr »

Another Typical BYU/utah game. BYU gets up early, looks like they are going to blow out utah only to have utah come back and nearly steal it at the end. These rivalry game are really frustrating because they only fall 2 ways, either BYU wins a close one or BYU gets blown out. I just wish BYU would come out and dominate at least once. I am happy for the win, don't get me wrong, but I am getting sick of the nail biters during BYU's good years and the blow outs during utah's good years. BYU was clearly a better team this year and it takes over time when we were up big in the 3rd quarter. Anyway, enough of my rant. Here's to a year of bragging rights :crazy:

tripwire
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Typical BYU utah game

Post by tripwire »

frdbtr wrote:BYU was clearly a better team this year and it takes over time when we were up big in the 3rd quarter.
Both teams coming into the game 9-2. BYU ranked #19 Utah ranked #21
Sounds like an overtime game is about what one would expect.

BYUROCKS
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BYUROCKS »

Did anyone else notice Max dropped the F, and the D bombs right when the camera was moved to him?

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

tripwire wrote:
frdbtr wrote:BYU was clearly a better team this year and it takes over time when we were up big in the 3rd quarter.

Unless the #19 team were up by 14 points going into the 4th quarter, then I would not expect them to blow that lead and have to win in overtime to secure the victory.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

frdbtr wrote:
tripwire wrote:

Unless the #19 team were up by 14 points going into the 4th quarter, then I would not expect them to blow that lead and have to win in overtime to secure the victory.
Well....... we did just witness #2 Alabama overcome a 14 point deficit in the last minute to an unranked team. I feel that BYU represented their ranking better than that.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

declocoug wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
tripwire wrote:

Well....... we did just witness #2 Alabama overcome a 14 point deficit in the last minute to an unranked team. I feel that BYU represented their ranking better than that.
You guys are completely mis reading my point. I am just tired of watching BYU have to hang on for dear life, or have to stage a miracle come back, every time we win the rivalry game. I am not upset with the win. I just wish they would play for a full 4 quarters one of these years in the rivalry game and come out with a comfortable win.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

frdbtr wrote:
declocoug wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
tripwire wrote:

You guys are completely mis reading my point. I am just tired of watching BYU have to hang on for dear life, or have to stage a miracle come back, every time we win the rivalry game. I am not upset with the win. I just wish they would play for a full 4 quarters one of these years in the rivalry game and come out with a comfortable win.
Maybe your missing mine. Check out the iron bowl history for the last 10-15 years. almost all the games have been close. That's just how rivalries are. I felt that the score of this game was a pretty good indication of the difference in these two teams. They are both good teams.

I'm understand you though. It'd be awesome to finally get that blowout win we've been waiting for.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Seriously, we should have locked this game up in the fourth. Instead, we got UBER conservative play calling from Anae and didn't move the ball an inch. Why were Max's numbers so low? Because we just kept trying to pound it up the gut and be conservative in the fourth quarter. C'mon Anae, let's run away with it next time and avoid some of the drama.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
gmj81
Junior

Post by gmj81 »

BYUROCKS wrote:Did anyone else notice Max dropped the F, and the D bombs right when the camera was moved to him?
I was at the game so I didn't see it during the actual game itself. But while I was watching the clips on the puke channel (Sports Zone) they conveniently included that in the highlight reel. In fact, that was about the only BYU highlight other than the George game winner that they showed. Then the lead anchor just continued to go off about Max and our fans winning "graciously" (as he said it heavy with sarcasm). What losers. I'm curious if that dude was a puke graduate or just another puke bandwagoning Mormon hater.

gmj81
Junior

Post by gmj81 »

Oh, and they also cooked up some story and about a BYU fan "punching" Kyle Whittingham's wife. The little jabs they tried to get in are pretty comical. I hope the BYU fanbase quits watching the CBS local affiliate.