Key to win: Max keeping his cool

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Key to win: Max keeping his cool

Post by BroncoBot »

jonnylingo wrote:
ttexastim wrote:I think you guys just hit the nail on the head. If you were to just run at us all night, it would work. HOWEVER ... if you did that, the fans would begin booing, because 3 yard runs, are not as fun to watch as passes. Combine that with the fact that BYU is "QB Univerisity" and I don't think Anae will give it up. Watch for Utah to really try at first to contain the run, and then just sit back and pick of passes. (at least, that's how I hope it turns out)

On the topic of this thread ... I'm not sure I can see Max with a calm head in this one. He's a fireball, and this is the rivalry game. The players on both sides are going to be spewing venom at each other, and I guess I just don't see him being the kind of guy who can listen to that and let it fall by the wayside. I think our guys will get in his head and cause him to make some poor decisions.
That is my worry.
Like you said earlier, Hall and Doman know about this and I think Hall is going to come out cool and collected and as long as BYU is within 2 scores, it shouldn't be a problem.

I'd love to see BYU run it all day (you make a good point about the uninformed crowd TTim) but I haven't been too impressed with the BYU run this year. OU is the only decent team that BYU has been able to run against and that was only the first half. I think the Oline is still figuring out the run. But this is also all just being said on memory. Perhaps someone can shed some light on the running situation and why BYU should use it more?

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I guess an important question is how does Unga feel with his ankle and all. If he is feeling well and rested he could carry the team. If he is worn down and gippy then running maybe hard to sustain. I suspect that he is not banged up like in prior years.

CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

Well, Max had a poor statistical performance, but he made the play he needed to in order to win. He really put that ball in a great spot for George to make a play and break loose for the TD. All hail Maximus!

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

CAFB_04-12 wrote:Well, Max had a poor statistical performance, but he made the play he needed to in order to win. He really put that ball in a great spot for George to make a play and break loose for the TD. All hail Maximus!

How was george that wide open. he got behind the two defenders who knocked each other out of the play going for the precision laser throw by Hall, but where were the rest of the utes?I didn't see another one the whole play.