Pitta IS a finalist

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Ignatowski
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Pitta IS a finalist

Post by Ignatowski »

http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/index.php?p ... &tb=1&pb=1 Great game on Saturday (by the middle of the second quarter he'd already racked up a great game). Another one like that and the award should be a lock.

Florwood
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Pitta IS a finalist

Post by Florwood »

I liked the quick summary of where Pitta stands in the stats:

2009 NATIONAL TIGHT END RANKINGS (as of Nov. 22, 2009)
1st – Total yards receiving (753)
1st – Total catches (55)
1st – Receiving yards per catch (13.69)
1st – Receiving yards per game (68.45)
T1st – Catches per gsme (5.0)
2nd – Touchdowns (7)

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

If Pitta played for Florida, they would have the trophy gift-wrapped for him already waiting under the tree.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

If Pitta played for ANY BCS team they'd have already crowned him champ (yep, even if it was Baylor or Duke).

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

Ultimately, Pitta is going to get this award (unless Dickerson has a career day against Cincy on national tv) but he'll get it for the same reason Detmer and Staley got theirs; a combination of a career achievement and no one in the same time zone as overall numbers.

It's well deserved and Air Force was exactly what he needed. If he could get 4-5 grabs vs Utah, it's all over.

49erCoug
BLUEshirt

Post by 49erCoug »

So a question that I have then.. I was watching College Game Day Saturday morning before leaving for the AFA game... and I noticed at the bottom of the screen Mcshay's top 5 or something like that.. it went by position... and Pitta was NOT in the top 5 tight ends.. WTF?

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

po_pocoug wrote:So a question that I have then.. I was watching College Game Day Saturday morning before leaving for the AFA game... and I noticed at the bottom of the screen Mcshay's top 5 or something like that.. it went by position... and Pitta was NOT in the top 5 tight ends.. WTF?
McShay is a douchebag.

NFLdraftscout (run by bona-fide NFL scouts who get paid to be right, not to be opinionated) has Pitta at #4, going in late third or early fourth rounds:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1273811

49erCoug
BLUEshirt

Post by 49erCoug »

snoscythe wrote:
po_pocoug wrote:So a question that I have then.. I was watching College Game Day Saturday morning before leaving for the AFA game... and I noticed at the bottom of the screen Mcshay's top 5 or something like that.. it went by position... and Pitta was NOT in the top 5 tight ends.. WTF?
McShay is a douchebag.

NFLdraftscout (run by bona-fide NFL scouts who get paid to be right, not to be opinionated) has Pitta at #4, going in late third or early fourth rounds:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1273811
Oh I agree that McShay is a douchebag.. I just found it interesting.. I think they even had the tight end at OK who has been hurt all year ranked in that top 5... McShay and the other dude that talk college football.. the guy with the glasses and the funky hair... I can't remember his name... they both BUG

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

po_pocoug wrote:the other dude that talk college football.. the guy with the glasses and the funky hair... I can't remember his name...
Mel "I'm living proof you can never be right but still be an 'expert'" Kiper?

I love this from his wikipedia page:

"[H]is reputation as the top draft commentator in the business comes about because of accuracy[citation needed], preparedness[citation needed], and attention to detail[citation needed] when discussing players, their skills and weaknesses, as well as which team is a likely fit for them."

In the entire internet, no one has found a reference supporting his accuracy, preparedness, or attention to detail. Wow.