Should BYU Fire Brandon Doman?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

Yes - Fire Him
33%
No - Don't Fire Bishop Doman
67%

Total votes: 39

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Post by Cougarbib »

This one may be a spirited debate.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Should BYU Fire Brandon Doman?

Post by Schmoe »

Give him one more year with a new O-line coach and without the pain of Riley-Heaps and then reevaluate.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Schmoe wrote:Give him one more year with a new O-line coach and without the pain of Riley-Heaps and then reevaluate.
This! Unless he and Bronco can't get on the same page about QBS and how to develop, play and what offense to run.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Yes, yes a thousand times yes! Doman's problem wasn't RN, the offenses problem was Doman. Or are we missing the point that the offense was as poorly called and executed with Lark as with RN?

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

This years problem is 100% on the offensive line. Riley Nelson shouldered the burden of the offense from the fans but he was injured and running for his life because of bad offensive line play. Lark struggled because of the offensive line, Taysom struggled because of the offensive line. Fix the offensive line and then evaluate the other offensive staff. Doman's play calling seemed fine last year when the offensive line was giving Riley a bit more time.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Can him. Doman has no idea what he's doing.

No identity on offense. No ability to scheme, and clearly is unable to get his assistants to produce.

Many live to point at one unit, but the entire offense sucked this year from kicking to TEs to QB play to our WRs (excluding Hoffman). Name one unit on offense that met or beat expectations? None. Sorry, I find it hard to believe all those coaches sucked at their jobs. Typically, if an entire division under-performs it's the result of poor management with the head of the division.

Doman stays expect no better next year. Course, people will excuse the horrible play next season and argue Doman should be given another year because he had a newbie QB.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Actually - I don't like the "loaded" question. It should read -

1. Fire Coach Brandon Doman, Offensive Coordinator.

2. Don't fire Coach Brandon Doman, Offensive Coordinator.

I don't think he should be fired. We have 2 painful years invested. Let's reap the dividends. However, hire a good, experienced Offensive Line coach. Do NOT promote from within. That would be a HUGE mistake.

One more caveat - hire a new O-Line coach that has no ties to BYU. Ensure he has solid credentials with solid programs. Open the check book.

Cougest
BLUEshirt

Post by Cougest »

Gunk wrote:Can him. Doman has no idea what he's doing.

No identity on offense. No ability to scheme, and clearly is unable to get his assistants to produce.

Many live to point at one unit, but the entire offense sucked this year from kicking to TEs to QB play to our WRs (excluding Hoffman). Name one unit on offense that met or beat expectations? None. Sorry, I find it hard to believe all those coaches sucked at their jobs. Typically, if an entire division under-performs it's the result of poor management with the head of the division.

Doman stays expect no better next year. Course, people will excuse the horrible play next season and argue Doman should be given another year because he had a newbie QB.

Agreed. I initially thought give him one more year but after watching the bowl game it couldn't be any clearer that he doesn't know what he is doing.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

As I said in another thread, football is results based. Doman just isn't getting results on a consistent basis.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Gucci33
BLUEshirt

Post by Gucci33 »

hawkwing wrote:Yes, yes a thousand times yes! Doman's problem wasn't RN, the offenses problem was Doman. Or are we missing the point that the offense was as poorly called and executed with Lark as with RN?

Agreed!