What do you think of this?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
mormonrasta
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

What do you think of this?

Post by mormonrasta »

From http://cfn.scout.com/2/920515.html
I'll keep banging this drum from a TCU/Boise State perspective: The commissioners of the Mountain West, Western Athletic, and Pac-10 Conferences (especially new Pac-10 boss Larry Scott) need to create their own answer to the SEC and Big 12 title games on the first weekend of December: Have the champions of the three leagues and one at-large second-place team compete in two made-for-TV games. Call the event the Western Football Classic. Play one game in Phoenix on the first Friday night of December, and one game in Denver on the first Saturday afternoon of December. Give your teams exposure, publicity, and a fat schedule boost just before the BCS Selection Show. TCU and Boise State could sure use games against Oregon and Stanford, don't you think?
This is an interesting concept.

I probably wouldn't harm the bowl positions of any of the teams and it would help validate the accomplishments of the MWC and WAC champions on a national level. I generally like it, but the Pac-10 would never do it.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: What do you think of this?

Post by SpiffCoug »

Agreed, PAC-10 would never do it. But imagine they do it in Vegas as a double header. What a great day of football that would be.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BYUROCKS
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: What do you think of this?

Post by BYUROCKS »

kitic77 wrote:Agreed, PAC-10 would never do it. But imagine they do it in Vegas as a double header. What a great day of football that would be.

Nah, let the Pac 10 become Pac 14, and Big 12, become big 14, I would love to be in the big 14, north, almost always we would be in title game, North :crazy: :crazy: is so easy