Desert News Local NFL Watch

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Desert News Local NFL Watch

Post by hawkwing »

I love the Deseret News Local Watch column they run most weeks, here's the url: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7053 ... .html&pg=1

A couple related to us:
Cincinnati TE Daniel Coats (Northridge HS/BYU) played as a reserve and recorded no stats in win over the Steelers.

Indianapolis WR Austin Collie (BYU) had six catches for 45 yards and earned a huge pass interference penalty in the fourth quarter of win over the Patriots on Sunday night.
Story continues below

Miami DL John Denney (BYU) served as the Dolphins' long snapper and recorded a tackle in punt coverage in win over the Buccaneers.

Buffalo DL Ryan Denney (BYU) played as a reserve and had one tackle in loss to Titans.

Pittsburgh NT Chris Hoke (BYU) played as a reserve and recorded no stats in loss to Bengals.

N.Y. Giants LB Bryan Kehl (Brighton HS/BYU) had a bye.

Pittsburgh DL Brett Keisel (BYU) had another good game with four tackles, a quarterback hurry and a pass defensed win loss to the Bengals.

The following players were declared inactive by their respective teams: Indianapolis DB Aaron Francisco (BYU); Green Bay LB Brady Poppinga (BYU); Cincinnati FB Fui Vakapuna (East HS/BYU); Oakland WR Todd Watkins (BYU).

The following players are on NFL practice squads: Dallas OL Travis Bright (BYU); Oakland LB David Nixon (BYU); Philadelphia OL Dallas Reynolds (Timpview HS/BYU).

Florwood
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Desert News Local NFL Watch

Post by Florwood »

Thanks, nice to read it without irrelevant entries about other schools.

How much does a player usually get paid for being on a practice squad?

jmrmoney
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by jmrmoney »

I used to work with Johnny Harline's brother and was told that the pay was only during the season but it worked out to about 75-80K / year.

Matty-B
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Matty-B »

jmrmoney wrote:I used to work with Johnny Harline's brother and was told that the pay was only during the season but it worked out to about 75-80K / year.
WHAT? No way, I find that kinda hard to believe. If thats true... sucks for MLS players... Because even starters in the MLS average less than half that rate.