Game Prediction

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougarpoke
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Game Prediction

Post by Cougarpoke »

Generally I do not predict the score for other teams, nor really care much about a certain team that wears puke red. But this week is a very big week for the MWC. it is big because college game day is featuring another MWC matchup, and big because TCU may be able to help the conference out in a big way. So, I say we predict the score of this week's biggest conference game. I say TCU is the best defense I have seen this year. They shut BYU down and made us look pretty silly (I also consider BYU to be a very good offensive team). TCU offense, although not generally known for its dominance, has been very good this year. PUktah on the other hand, has not impressed me as much. They struggled mightily against Wyoming and to this point have not shown me (the expert that I am) they are a top 15 team. So, with all that, I say TCU runs away and teaches the pukes a lesson in pain.

TCU 32 - Pukes 7

cachevalleycougar
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Game Prediction

Post by cachevalleycougar »

TCU 31
Utah 14

TCU's offense is too multi-dimensional for Utah to contain them. Utah's offense has relied too much on Wide's rushing and WRs breaking 5 yard throws into 60 yard TDs. TCU will give Utah neither.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

Considering that the vaunted Ute O hung a whopping 13 on TCU in SLC last year, I expect less this year. combine that with the fact that the Ute O is quite bad in the red zone, and I see field goals in their near future.

TCU 34
Utah 12

BYUROCKS
Junior

Post by BYUROCKS »

TCU 52 Utah 7

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I don't see this game as being close.

Utah 10
TCU 42

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
gmj81
Junior

Post by gmj81 »

I hope TCU blows them away by 50. I think they will win by a sizeable margin but it might not be by as much as they beat BYU.

I have to wonder if TCU will finally be able to fill their stadium, you know, them being the #4 team and all. Shoot, if lived in northeast Texas, even if I wasn't a Frog fan, I would want to go just to see a game between two top-tier teams. Also, I would start to think about becoming a Frog fan. What they do with what they have in comparison to the state's other top programs is amazing. I know that it seems like every Texan is either a fan of the Horns or the Aggies, but in a metro the size of Dallas-Fort Worth, you'd think there would be enough interest around to at least fill their medium-sized stadium.

With a healthy crowd advantage, like BYU and the pukes enjoy at home, I see no reason why the Frogs won't absolutely demolish the pukes, especially with the rook under center. Couple that with the revenge factor from losing to the lesser team last year in SLC and I say the Frogs win quite comfortably.

Final score: Yewtah 13 TCU 45

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

gmj81 wrote: I have to wonder if TCU will finally be able to fill their stadium, you know, them being the #4 team and all.
The game is sold out.

TCU 28, Utah 10

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
cachevalleycougar
BLUEshirt

Post by cachevalleycougar »

While I think TCU wins this one handily, it would be better for BYU for it to come down to the wire with TCU winning. If Utah gets blown out, they'll probably drop out of the Top25 and likely won't be ranked when we play them. If they lose by 3 points, they'll remain ranked - probably low 20s.

gmj81
Junior

Post by gmj81 »

I thought about the same thing momentarily, but since a higher ranked Yewtah won't do anything for BYU anyway, I'd rather have the best scenario benefit TCU. I demonstrated in another thread that TCU will almost certainly rise to #3 before hitting their ceiling, that is at least in the computer rankings. But with a big win over another top 15 team (pukes) they could just maybe jump the longhorns should the burnt orange not have as dominating showings in their remaining three against weak competition. Unlikely, but who knows what will sway the pollsters.

Kbear
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Kbear »

Horned frogs poison Utards
35-0 :utard:

Old in body, but not in mind..."