Rankings Game

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Florwood
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Rankings Game

Post by Florwood »

4 USC, 14 Va Tech, 17 OSU, 20 W Va, and 23 Miss lost today.

USC and OSU lost to highly ranked teams, they won't drop out of top 25, though USC deserves to.

Va Tech probably won't either.

WV and Miss will, we may be jumped by Auburn or someone else, but should get back into top 25.

If we win out we'll be somewhere between 17 and 20 for a bowl game. And we should win out--nobody left should be good enough to beat us.

imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Rankings Game

Post by imuakahuku »

I think we get jumped and don't get in this week. Maybe Auburn and TTech jump in this week. If not them then probably Sfla., NC, ND, OU, or Wisc. But I think we will be ranked by Utah, hopefully they are still ranked.

Florwood
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Florwood »

I was thinking AP, where OU and ND are already ahead of us, so can't jump. We'll see soon!

kiwibacon
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by kiwibacon »

BYU=25 in both polls...I love that Iowa drop from #4 in the AP to #8 after winning. LOL. Yes, they may have won but they looked AWFUL! (Yes, I know AP does nothing for BCS polls but I do think it can have an influence on the other human voting.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

yeah, but you still gotta admit that all of these Iowa comebacks have been impressive. Gotta admire a team that has the passion and desire to fight back every game like that and win... really wish we could do that :?

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
wazzucoug97
Recruit

Post by wazzucoug97 »

Italics wrote:yeah, but you still gotta admit that all of these Iowa comebacks have been impressive. Gotta admire a team that has the passion and desire to fight back every game like that and win... really wish we could do that :?
I kinda keep my eye on Iowa, my wife's family is all from Iowa.... been back there many times. I have to say that overcoming 5 interceptions translates into a stout defense.... I do like the way they just scrape out the close wins, maybe the luck will run out.... but for entertainment value you couldn't deny the 2nd half of that game was a good one.

GO COUGARS!!!