Welcome to CougarCorner.com

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
underdead
Site Admin
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Welcome to CougarCorner.com

Post by underdead »

My hope is that this can become something of a destination for Cougar fans all over the world. I'm looking forward to making this place the best it can be. Particularly with the fantasy predictions and message board.

Please take part and enjoy, I rely on your contributions to make this place successful.

Go Cougars!

CougarCorner.com Admin
oremcougar
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Welcome to CougarCorner.com

Post by oremcougar »

Thanks for doing something like this. It looks great!

Zhenkar
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Zhenkar »

I'm not sure if my previous post went through or not, so I'll try this again. I'm really confused on the scoring system for these weekly predictions. I guessed BYU would have more turnovers, yet didn't get the two points. My buddy guess that Arizona would have 75 rushing yards and was awarded 5 points. I guessed that they'd have 70 rushing yards, yet was given no points. Another guy on here guessed BYU would score 27 points, and was awarded 4 points for that guess. I guessed that they'd score 23 points, yet wasn't awarded any points. This doesn't make any sense to me. Anyone care to enlighten?

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Yeah, you're right. It looks like something screwed up in the scoring.

I will look into this and hopefully get it fixed in the next day or two.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Scoring has been fixed!

The problem happened when some users, like yourself, had more than one game of predictions made. It wasn't properly limiting the scoring to only the one game, and was instead scoring first the Arizona guesses, and then the UCLA and so on. So the score you were seeing was actually based on whatever the last game you made predictions on.

I've fixed it to properly limit scoring to only the game last played. And all is well.

Zhenkar
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Zhenkar »

Great. Thanks! If it's going to be a problem having already guessed for the other games, I can delete my guesses. I'm planning on tweeking each game on a weekly basis anyways, I just set an initial guess for each game just to save time. If it's going to be a problem, let me know, otherwise I'll assume all is well.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Zhenkar wrote:Great. Thanks! If it's going to be a problem having already guessed for the other games, I can delete my guesses. I'm planning on tweeking each game on a weekly basis anyways, I just set an initial guess for each game just to save time. If it's going to be a problem, let me know, otherwise I'll assume all is well.
All is well, keep your guesses and make adjustments as you see fit.

I may make one small change to a few guesses though. I will make an announcement about it if I do so you can adjust accordingly.