2012 Hunter Dimick

Discussion and information on upcoming and past BYU recruiting classes
byucougar1
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

2012 Hunter Dimick

Post by byucougar1 »

Hunter Dimick: 6-foot-4-inch, 250-pound defensive end prospect from Syracuse High School in northern Utah. Led the entire state in sacks and was a first-team all-state (5A).

Named as top lineman at the Las Vegas elite combine camp and was the defensive MVP at a San Diego camp.

He stated that BYU coaches may be extending an offer shortly. He also noted that Coach Howell is primarily recruiting him, and Howell is good friends with his dad. Hunter has also met with Coach Poppinga and with Coach Kaufusi and considers them great guys. He believes that BYU is a great program, and definitely one of his favorite schools.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: 2012 Hunter Dimick

Post by jvquarterback »

Saw this on tbs. Funny that they haven't given him a star rating but have time to write a whole article. Only offer so far is from SDSU.

Here's a video link from rivals

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
49erCoug
BLUEshirt

Post by 49erCoug »

Just a few stats on him... A friend of mine at work has a son who plays at Syracuse... They released some workout stats... FWIW..

40 yard dash -4.76
Pro Agility Test 4.42
Squat 405
Bench 335
Clean- 270

My friend also said that Dimick is better than Troy Hinds.... I haven't seen either play so I can't say... but that is one persons opinion...

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

First off, Dimick is no Hinds. No one who has seen them play would really say so.

Second, Dimick just commit to his childhood crush, the Utes. He is a non-LDS kid, so our chances were minimal at best. Not a huge loss.

byucougar1
Pro

Post by byucougar1 »

The 3-star DE from Syracuse now becomes the fourth commit from the state. The others are:

1. Chase Hansen/Lone Peak
2. Austin Lee/Alta
3. Sione Tupouata/Snow College

Afer hearing their rationale for selecting the Utes, quite frankly, it appears the Utes were a good fit with the atmosphere/culture that they were seeking.

joy
Gray Shirt

Post by joy »

Good luck to them.