Baseball Team Apparently Likes What Independence Will Bring

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Baseball Team Apparently Likes What Independence Will Bring

Post by Cougarbib »

My son's best California friend is camped out at our ranch with a troop of scouts playing mortal combat till 1:00AM and then out on our 20 acres to play capture the flag. He is on the BYU baseball team and says the baseball team is excited about the competition Independence will get them.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Baseball Team Apparently Likes What Independence Will Br

Post by snoscythe »

He looks like he is in danger of failing out of BYU with an intellect like that.

BYU baseball will not be independent--they will be part of the WCC. So, I don't get how he can be "excited about the competition independence will get them" or how the "team apparently likes what independence will bring" since they will not be independent at all.

Your "sources" that have sprung up in the past month haven't been that impressive. Either they don't have anything of worth (e.g. "Don't believe everything you read" or their lips are sealed) or they are horrendously poorly informed to the point that they don't even know what their conference affiliation will be after this season.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

Sno - why the nitpicking over semantics? Yes he and I both know that only the football team is independent. But that football independence was the catalyst for almost all other sports ending up in the WCC.

You may recall, that some people opined, that football coaches were happy with Independence and what that would bring - probably not thinking about job security and pressure to go to the next level - I digress TIC

But it was stated that the coaches of the other sports were concerned that what was food for football had bad implications for their sports.

I am just sharing that someone on the baseball team that expects to be in a very visible role this season, has told me that based on his discussions with teammates, the players are happy with the new affiliation and the competition that comes with it.

Neither he, nor I, ever thought the baseball team had gone independent.

Hopefully this clears that distraction up and can change the discussion back to the positive sentiment on the baseball team.

Have you - or others - heard the same? Opposite? How about the other non-football sports? How bout basketball?

Has football independence ultimately helped or hurt the other sports or made no difference at all?
Aloha
BTW - not believing everything I read has turned out to be pretty good advice so far.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

snoscythe wrote:He looks like he is in danger of failing out of BYU with an intellect like that.

BYU baseball will not be independent--they will be part of the WCC. So, I don't get how he can be "excited about the competition independence will get them" or how the "team apparently likes what independence will bring" since they will not be independent at all.

Your "sources" that have sprung up in the past month haven't been that impressive. Either they don't have anything of worth (e.g. "Don't believe everything you read" or their lips are sealed) or they are horrendously poorly informed to the point that they don't even know what their conference affiliation will be after this season.
PS - you forgot to make fun of me posting what everyone already knew - ie offensive players not liking and not respecting Anae but liking and respecting and ready to go to war for Doman. I posted that because coming from someone like me that many viewed as too pro Anae or not Pro Doman for OC enough - it added credibility to vague comments others have posted without saying how they know it. Transparent, as always, I indicated it was one offensive starter representing what he believed to be the sentiment of the team. I don't claim any of these items to be any earth shattering scoop - nor did I gloat much when I posted that there would be a big announcement the next day - and the big announcement of the Bronco mtg with the Offensive Coaches came the very next day. I view these as tiny contributions.

BTW and check time stamp. Doman is official as OC and Popinga as well.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Cougarbib2 wrote:
snoscythe wrote:He looks like he is in danger of failing out of BYU with an intellect like that.

PS - you forgot to make fun of me posting what everyone already knew - ie offensive players not liking and not respecting Anae but liking and respecting and ready to go to war for Doman. I posted that because coming from someone like me that many viewed as too pro Anae or not Pro Doman for OC enough - it added credibility to vague comments others have posted without saying how they know it. Transparent, as always, I indicated it was one offensive starter representing what he believed to be the sentiment of the team. I don't claim any of these items to be any earth shattering scoop - nor did I gloat much when I posted that there would be a big announcement the next day - and the big announcement of the Bronco mtg with the Offensive Coaches came the very next day. I view these as tiny contributions.

BTW and check time stamp. Doman is official as OC and Popinga as well.

LOL--your one player "survey" that only regurgitated internet rumors? Yeah, the credibility you gained from that "source" combined with all your other "sources" leaves you five cents short of a nickel. Real sources provide new information, they don't just regurgitate what is posted on TBS boards or tell you how excited they are to be independent in the WCC.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

We have a baseball team?

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

wow, a little overboard sno?