Collie is AMAZING

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
CougarClaw
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Collie is AMAZING

Post by CougarClaw »

a few more tidbits:

Peyton Manning to Austin Collie has yielded ridiculous numbers this season. On 32 targets, Manning’s connected with Collie on 27 passes for 11.2 yards per attempt with four touchdowns and a passer rating of 153.0. (ESPN Stats & Info).

Talk about hands. That number has to include at least a few passes purposely thrown away. I know it's Peyton, but all of those balls can't have been thrown perfectly either.

Of Austin Collie’s 171 receiving yards, 79 were gained after the catch. (ESN Stats & Info)

How's that for slow, short, white boy from BYU? Run and tell THAT homeboy!

source:
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_ ... lie-foster" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CougarClaw
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by CougarClaw »

oh, and not sure if anyone else notices. But every time I see a TV shot of Manning on the sidelines looking at game-shots of the defense on the bench, I see our boy Austin sitting right next to him. Every time.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

41 points from Collie on my fantasy team. Picked him up during the last round of our draft for only $5 because no one else really wanted him. Crazy.

Isola
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Isola »

I may have read the post wrong, but officially Collie has the most receiving yards in the NFL, tied for the most TD catches, first in receptions, 4th in longest catch, and tied for 4th with catches over 40 yards.

Not bad for a white boy.

And according to posters on the Colts Board Collie even attended the Colorado Rockies game with Peyton who was visiting his former college teammate Todd Helton.