Which was the better landing, WCC or WAC?

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.

Which was the better landing, WCC or WAC

Poll ended at Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:22 pm

WCC
60%
WAC wih Nevada and Fresno St
40%

Total votes: 5

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Which was the better landing, WCC or WAC?

Post by scott715 »

Which was the best place for our non-football teams the WCC or 8 team WAC? And why? Did we end up in the right place?

This is a change of pace after all of the negative posts on the AF game.

scott715
TV Analyst

Re: Which was the better landing, WCC or WAC?

Post by scott715 »

http://universe.byu.edu/sports

The Daily U has been doing articles on how the cougars fit in the WCC in various sports. So far it looks pretty competitive.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

This poll is flawed. The WAC has lost BSU, FSU, UNR, UH, and counting. Doesn't do any good to cry over spilt milk - the west was not big enough for WAC and MWC once the BCS and Indrpendence came calling for Utah, BYU, and TCU. The WAC is now on death watch - and the MWC remains vulnerable to the whims of Big 12, PAC 12, and other BCS conferences or more Independence ala AFA for example.

BYU should lock down home and away with all three academies annually.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Dwight
Freshman

Post by Dwight »

I dare say that WCC fans have more class. I live in Wasington and can say Gonzaga fans are pretty decent people.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

The WAC just added Texas-Arlington. The WCC move is even better now.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
bigddan11
Gray Shirt

Post by bigddan11 »

Well, lets look at the sports. Who would be the rival in basketball- Utah State, whom they already play yearly. The WAC's best softball program has been Hawaii, whom they are losing in 2013. The baseball programs are usually subpar in the WAC, and women's soccer and volleyball in the WAC is usually laughable.

Now look at the WCC. In women's soccer the WCC had 3 schools ranked in the Top 15 last year. BYU gives them 4 of the top 15 from last year. In men's basketball both Gonzaga and St. Mary's were ranked at points, and San Francisco and Santa Clara aren't programs you'll beat with ease. Basically Gonzaga and St. Mary's are the equivalent of San Diego State and UNLV while San Francisco and Santa Clara are the equivalent of New Mexico. In women's volleyball the WCC had 2 programs ranked in the Top 25 last year. In baseball Gonzaga was ranked, though St. Mary's ended up winning the conference's title and stealing the NCAA spot. Who haven't I mentioned- San Diego, Pepperdine, Portland, and Loyola Marymount, right. Well, Loyola, Pepperdine, and San Diego were the three ranked soccer squads while Portland has already challenged BYU to matches in indoor track. The WCC will cost less than WAC schools (3 in Texas, 1 in New Mexico, and 1 in Louisiana). Plus as Tom Holmoe has stated, the WCC area features roughly 65% of all BYU recruits. Why wouldn't you want to feature your teams to potential recruits when you are in the area? The WCC is much better off for BYU in the long run.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

What is the only other money sport besides football? Yep, basketball. Which conference is better for basketball? Easily the WCC, even if BSU and the others stay in the WAC. WCC has classier programs and have been super gracious, not like half the programs in the WAC who plotted to stab us in the back.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,