I Expect More...A Lot More

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
YBrit
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

I Expect More...A Lot More

Post by YBrit »

After one day it's clearly evident how young talent is coming in and contributing at a higher level (can't be proven till gameplay) and expectations are to reload once again. I'm not expecting an undefeated season, and neither is Bronco. But loading young players up like this and continually having top recruiting classes should finally put BYU in line with TCU and BSU but in a better way (unlike Utah who builds one good team every 4 years...only twice so it can't be considered a pattern yet). BYU should be able to start having consistent depth and skill everywhere.

BSU has 20-odd players coming back as does TCU. But they still don't have such good recruiting classes. BYU is in the top 7 football/basketball schools but could be even better, even with missionaries coming and going, the next 3 years looks like BYU has a real possibility to go BcS, so fans and players should expect more...from each other.

Wear Blue, Show Up Early, Donate

twitter.com/Y4LYFE
Marsha's hiding in Lubbock, TX.

"We were boxed in and they weren't letting us breathe." -TH
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: I Expect More...A Lot More

Post by Cougs_Rule »

YBrit, I like your sign off!!! You should include it as a tag line at the bottom of each post. If you dont maybe I will.
And while I agree mostly with your post, BYU needs to thread together year over year solid classes. It does not look to me that 2011 class is looking anywhere near as solid. NO question we are headed the right direction. I would even settle, yes settle, for a top 30 class every other year. The more I think about this class, the more I wonder if in addition to the Jake effect/effort, is that these kids sized up the starting opportunities and saw openings galore--and that helped them make up their mind to come to BYU.

WEAR BLUE! DONT SHOW UP LATE! DONATE!

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: I Expect More...A Lot More

Post by Lawboy »

I think Bronco is trying to make sure his team does not consider this a down year, or rebuild. The talent is there, but it is young. But Florida won with young talent, so did Bama. It can be done. USC does it often as well. Having said that, the QB has to perform for it to work. Turnovers kill young teams. I still see the turnover margin being a crucial stat for BYU this year. Especially in the big games. Gotta take care of the ball, or you lose. The QB is central to that.