Why Did Jerry Bruner RB Transfer?????

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Why Did Jerry Bruner RB Transfer?????

Post by Ddawg »

So - here's this highly touted RB from Washington. Comparison's to Luke Staley. He redshirts in 2008 & transfers in 2009. Anyone know why?? I was really excited to see this athlete make an impact for the Coug's. Seemed to have it all. Size & good speed.

tmoney35
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Why Did Jerry Bruner RB Transfer?????

Post by tmoney35 »

Maybe with all the other talented RB's coming, he new he'd never get very many carries.

Do you know where he went?

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

He is listed as a redshirt freshman Linebacker for Washington State on their website. He is from Washington, so perhaps he just decided against BYU for personal or cultural reasons. But he is no RB. So no worries. And best of luck to him.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Lawboy wrote:He is listed as a redshirt freshman Linebacker for Washington State on their website. He is from Washington, so perhaps he just decided against BYU for personal or cultural reasons. But he is no RB. So no worries. And best of luck to him.
Yes - I looked @ the Washington State Coug website. He's listed as a Linebacker. I was just thinking - even though he didn't make it as a RB, we could have used him. He would have played hell w/ his size & speed as a converted LB for us. Too bad. I just hate to see us lose talent. Anyone that can help the Y - ..... "I'm in!"

byutx
All-American

Post by byutx »

Ddawg wrote:
Lawboy wrote:He is listed as a redshirt freshman Linebacker for Washington State on their website. He is from Washington, so perhaps he just decided against BYU for personal or cultural reasons. But he is no RB. So no worries. And best of luck to him.
Yes - I looked @ the Washington State Coug website. He's listed as a Linebacker. I was just thinking - even though he didn't make it as a RB, we could have used him. He would have played hell w/ his size & speed as a co nverted LB for us. Too bad. I just hate to see us lose talent. Anyone that can help the Y - ..... "I'm in!"
Word is that we really didn't lose any real talent upon his transfer.

gmj81
Junior

Post by gmj81 »

Yeah, what little info I have heard is that this was another rare whiff by the coaches. He may have had alot of the measureables but just didn't seem to be able to play ball at this level.

byutx
All-American

Post by byutx »

gmj81 wrote:Yeah, what little info I have heard is that this was another rare whiff by the coaches. He may have had alot of the measureables but just didn't seem to be able to play ball at this level.
Much like Ryan Kessman (without the Starbucks and major attitude problem, of course)