Yewtah's got kind of a nasty November to end the season

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Yewtah's got kind of a nasty November to end the season

Post by gmj81 »

TCU
@Notre Dame
@SDSU
BYU

Obviously the TCU and BYU games can't be overstated. You know Kyle won't look past those. But it remains to be seen if Notre Dame will be any good this year. Regardless, I don't think the pukes will just waltz into South Bend and come out with a win either. They barely beat a rock-bottom Michigan team in 2008 in Ann Arbor and I think Notre Dame has a lot more returning talent and better coaching too. Thing is, I could see that SDSU game getting forgotten about and the pukes having another '07 UNLV-like performance against the Aztecs, who I expect to be much improved, while worrying about those other three games. I could easily see them drop 3 of those 4 and have a late season tumble in the polls.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Re: Yewtah's got kind of a nasty November to end the season

Post by jonnylingo »

gmj81 wrote:TCU
@Notre Dame
@SDSU
BYU

Obviously the TCU and BYU games can't be overstated. You know Kyle won't look past those. But it remains to be seen if Notre Dame will be any good this year. Regardless, I don't think the pukes will just waltz into South Bend and come out with a win either. They barely beat a rock-bottom Michigan team in 2008 in Ann Arbor and I think Notre Dame has a lot more returning talent and better coaching too. Thing is, I could see that SDSU game getting forgotten about and the pukes having another '07 UNLV-like performance against the Aztecs, who I expect to be much improved, while worrying about those other three games. I could easily see them drop 3 of those 4 and have a late season tumble in the polls.
Stop teasing me. I don't want to get my hopes up.

CannonCougar85
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CannonCougar85 »

@Notre Dame
@SDSU
BYU

Add the fact that every team in the MWC will be gunning for the pUkes to give them a nice going away present and we have the makings for a rough season for them.

"We have a tradition unlike any other. Those that have gone before us are the giants upon whose shoulders we now stand."
-Bronco Mendenhall
redneckjedi
All-American

Post by redneckjedi »

If I were going to pick the 3 most likely for them to lose, it would be TCU, SDSU, and BYU. I'm still not convinced that Notre Dame is capable of beating a team of Utah's caliber.

If the yewts take the field and there are no BYU fans to pour beer on, will anybody come?
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

CannonCougar85 wrote:
@Notre Dame
@SDSU
BYU

Add the fact that every team in the MWC will be gunning for the pUkes to give them a nice going away present and we have the makings for a rough season for them.
Now they will know what its like to be BYU. Every game each team brings their best. I think there is a lot to this. Teams are really going to play up against Utah this year.

Florwood
Senior

Post by Florwood »

To add to the disaster potential here, the Utes last game in October is against Air Force. They seem to struggle some against the academy, and a judicious cut block here or there could have them limping into November.

Y 4 Ever
All-American

Post by Y 4 Ever »

redneckjedi wrote:If I were going to pick the 3 most likely for them to lose, it would be TCU, SDSU, and BYU. I'm still not convinced that Notre Dame is capable of beating a team of Utah's caliber.
So what, exactly, is :utard: 's "caliber"? I've got them pegged as a BB gun...

...they are a perpetual 3rd place conference finisher who got extremely lucky in 2008.

ND will beat them. And it won't be close.

redneckjedi
All-American

Post by redneckjedi »

33311710 wrote:
redneckjedi wrote:If I were going to pick the 3 most likely for them to lose, it would be TCU, SDSU, and BYU. I'm still not convinced that Notre Dame is capable of beating a team of Utah's caliber.
So what, exactly, is :utard: 's "caliber"? I've got them pegged as a BB gun...

...they are a perpetual 3rd place conference finisher who got extremely lucky in 2008.

ND will beat them. And it won't be close.
:utard: 's caliber is about that of a "mid-level PAC-10 team" that has a rare good year ('04, '08) here and there.

ND, on the other hand, is a train wreck. It's horrible, it's awful, but for some reason everyone has to watch it on TV.

If the yewts take the field and there are no BYU fans to pour beer on, will anybody come?
gmj81
Junior

Post by gmj81 »

I really think the MWC coaches ought to be helping each other each and every week against Kyle and the Pukes, just as if they were any other non-conference foe, because in fact they are. There numbers this year or any from the past two won't help the MWC get their AQ status so we need to send them off limping to their new home in the Pac. With a little extra help from the coaches at BYU and TCU, I really think some of the middling teams in the MWC could pull off the upset this year over the Yewtards. SDSU is sitting pretty just by the nature of the other games immediately around theirs for the Pukes. But I also think that AFA could very easily drop them and maybe Wyoming or even Colorado State (even though they went winless last year in conference all their games were pretty close and weren't as bad as their record). It would be nice to have the Pac "take" our fifth place team.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

I like the way you think. When they lose a conference game I plan on giving my congrats to their fan board!