Exploring the budding BYU-Boise State Rivalry

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Exploring the budding BYU-Boise State Rivalry

Post by Mars »

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Mingjai
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Exploring the budding BYU-Boise State Rivalry

Post by Mingjai »

I can see a Boise State-Air Force rivalry developing fairly quickly, because I fully expect the Falcons to knock the Broncos during one of their first 3 years in conference. While BYU has seemingly figured out the Air Force system (mostly as a result of some high profile losses), TCU still struggles with Air Force. I can see the same thing happening with Boise State.

hypercoug
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by hypercoug »

Boise St will walk all over air force.

I do think that BYU/Boise St will become a great rivalry, I am already really looking forward to the chance to shut up their fans.

redneckjedi
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by redneckjedi »

Air Force is always tough against people that don't play against the wishbone on a regular basis. Remember when they almost beat Tennessee? That was in 2006, when Tennessee was still decent and contending for the SEC title. Maybe Boise's coaching staff will be really quick on the learning curve and have their guys ready and blow them out of the water. But I'm betting it'll be pretty close for the first couple years.

If the yewts take the field and there are no BYU fans to pour beer on, will anybody come?
Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

Boise State plays Nevada every year, and they run a modified option attack, so they will have some experience with something resembling what AFA runs. This is why BYU will stomp Nevada this year. OF course, AFA always gives Utah a great game, and I'd compare Utah and BSU defensively recently, but BSU is better on O than Utah recently. As to BYU and BSU becoming rivals, it could happen. But I see TCU as the rival first due to recent history.