FINALLY . . . It's Over!!!

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
1967cougar
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

FINALLY . . . It's Over!!!

Post by 1967cougar »

Not wishing to incur the wrath of soccer fans and, not really sure which forum to place this under, may I just go on record as stating that thankfully the world cup is over. After one month of agony watching it dominate the headlines of just about everything, I'm so glad to see it laid to rest. With me, it has about as much traction of that insipidly stupid Deseret First Duel. May they become coffin-mates. I did not watch one minute of it. I did not watch one second of it. All I saw was the ridiculous human interest stories of that dumb noisemaking vu-vu-thingy.

I am open to take whatever onslaught anyone is willing to give to me. It still won't make a difference. I hate soccer. End of statement.

Mars
Retired

Re: FINALLY . . . It's Over!!!

Post by Mars »

Seconded.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Another four years until we all pretend we enjoy watching soccer again!

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

snoscythe wrote:Another four years until we all pretend we enjoy watching soccer again!
Not for all of us, not by a longshot...

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/499 ... n.html.csp

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

I admit I watched - my boys were intrested. I was impressed. I have never - never seen so many drama queens diving, flopping, grimacing, groaning, complaining, whinning ........ good heavens!!! Cry me a river. I thought I had seen the "king of flop" years ago when Vlade Divac played for the Lakers. Wrongo bongo!!! He was an amateur. But! Now I know where he learned to flop & cry. Growing up & playing European soccer!!!

An interesting diversion ... for a limited time ... (if the USA is still playing). Glad it's over & football is 60 days away!!!
8)

CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

There was a soccer tournament going on?

dank80
Recruit

Post by dank80 »

I'm not gonna lie. I actually liked it. I'm not sure how you can hate it so bad without watching a second of it?

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

no problem with not liking a sport. but why hate? I wonder if you've ever watched it/ or understand the nuances behind it, or just never got into it.

Everyone I know that hates American football either never watched it, is turned off by the 'violence' or never had anyone explain the confusing rules and style of play. Kind of like how I am with Cricket and Lacrosse. But I don't hate Cricket.

But why the hate? Was your ex-girlfriend/boyfriend a soccer player who wielded a nasty groin kick to your detriment in recent memory?

1967cougar
Junior

Post by 1967cougar »

Maybe "hate" is too strong a word. I should have said, "utter contempt and disdain."
I've been married for 30 years so I don't remember any ex-girlfriends. I'm kinda straight so I don't have any ex-boyfriends. I've never been kicked in the twins. I guess I'm just a warped person. I think I'll blame it on parental abuse when I was a kid.

Anyhow, I'd rather watch golf.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

I' m not the biggest fan of soccer in general, but I am a HUGE fan of the World Cup. I loved it and for games of any sport I have seen, very very few match the US's last minute win in that one game. I look forward to the next World Cup!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Last edited by BoiseBYU on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.