Why invite only 3 more schools?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
blue42
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Why invite only 3 more schools?

Post by blue42 »

Interesting that the rumors are the MWC has stated it would invite Kansas, K St and Missouri to the conference should the other Big 12 schools leave. If that does happen that would put the MWC at a 13 team conference. :bug: So what do they know or have in mind?

1- They are planning on adding another school to get to 14. Who would that be? Fresno St? Houston, a Texas school TCU doesn't hate or someone else?

or

2- They already know a school from the conference will be leaving and that will leave the conference at 12 schools.

or

3- They don't really think any or all of the Big 12 teams will come to the conference.

I know this is just a rehash of everything that has been said before, but if the Big 12 schools do eventually come I don't think the MWC would want 13 teams so which scenario makes the most sense?

BigCougsFan
All-American

Re: Why invite only 3 more schools?

Post by BigCougsFan »

Craig Thompson mentioned a day or two ago, that he's talking with Kansas and Mizzou.

I was under the impression before that Kansas and K-State were kinda like a packaged deal. So why is Mizzou in the picture all of a sudden?

On top of it all... TCU is actively against Baylor joining the conference, and has gone out of their way to make it known to Craig Thompson. Anyone know why?

blue42
Senior

Post by blue42 »

BigCougsFan wrote:Craig Thompson mentioned a day or two ago, that he's talking with Kansas and Mizzou.

I was under the impression before that Kansas and K-State were kinda like a packaged deal. So why is Mizzou in the picture all of a sudden?

On top of it all... TCU is actively against Baylor joining the conference, and has gone out of their way to make it known to Craig Thompson. Anyone know why?
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the whole SWC to Big 8 snub TCU got over Baylor.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Why invite only three more schools? Because there are only three good ones that will be up for grabs: BSU (done deal), Kansas, and Mizzou. Plus it makes a nice, 12-team conference.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
blue42
Senior

Post by blue42 »

Schmoe wrote:Why invite only three more schools? Because there are only three good ones that will be up for grabs: BSU (done deal), Kansas, and Mizzou. Plus it makes a nice, 12-team conference.
The news about inviting 3 more schools was after the MWC invited BSU. That makes a total of 4 schools for 13 teams total.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

blue42 wrote:
Schmoe wrote:Why invite only three more schools? Because there are only three good ones that will be up for grabs: BSU (done deal), Kansas, and Mizzou. Plus it makes a nice, 12-team conference.
The news about inviting 3 more schools was after the MWC invited BSU. That makes a total of 4 schools for 13 teams total.
Hmmm...that is strange. I guess if you have to take K state to get Kansas, then you do what is necessary and figure it out from there, but Mizzou is a good enough school not to make a play for as well.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,