Kansas and MO on their way to the MWC

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BYUBALLIN
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Kansas and MO on their way to the MWC

Post by BYUBALLIN »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5279018
i really hopes this come true, would give us a big boost in hoops. I dont think it would do much in football but hoops would be awsome. Can you guys imagine KU in the marriott center wow.

craigoscarson
Pro

Re: Kansas and MO on their way to the MWC

Post by craigoscarson »

The MWC eyes them, not vice versa.... KU and MU see MWC as the outhouse... they may change their minds but for now the feelings are not mutal

as for football, Kansas won a BCS game just 3 years ago and Missouri has a very young and very talented team, capable of doing a lot of damage in the lame duck Big 12 this year

This would be a dream scenario for the MWC ... and for me. I may never have to leave Kansas City. I could only pray for something this perfect. But if it sounds too good to be true... here's to dreaming.

Both teams would significantly upgrade the conference in football and basketball and it would extend BYUs recruiting arm significantly.

BerliNY
All-American

Post by BerliNY »

craigoscarson wrote:The MWC eyes them, not vice versa.... KU and MU see MWC as the outhouse... they may change their minds but for now the feelings are not mutal

as for football, Kansas won a BCS game just 3 years ago and Missouri has a very young and very talented team, capable of doing a lot of damage in the lame duck Big 12 this year

This would be a dream scenario for the MWC ... and for me. I may never have to leave Kansas City. I could only pray for something this perfect. But if it sounds too good to be true... here's to dreaming.

Both teams would significantly upgrade the conference in football and basketball and it would extend BYUs recruiting arm significantly.
They might consider the MWC an outhouse, but only compared to their current setup in the Big12, they'll be beating down the door when they're stuck in the Big4

Loyal Strong True
BYUBALLIN
Sophomore

Post by BYUBALLIN »

i personally think the big 12 is done. The longhorns are the key and i dont think they will stay in the big 12. I dont think it adds to much to football. correct me if iam wrong but KU has not done much since that bcs game. I really like the excitment this brings for hoops. KU would really give the conf a jump in rpi, o wait bsu really brings it down..hahah

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

BerliNY wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:The MWC eyes them, not vice versa.... KU and MU see MWC as the outhouse... they may change their minds but for now the feelings are not mutal

They might consider the MWC an outhouse, but only compared to their current setup in the Big12, they'll be beating down the door when they're stuck in the Big4

The radio says that Kansas is beating the drums for Big East or SEC incluson based on their overall sports program with basketball sealing the deal.

Missouri is still hanging onto the hopes that the Big 10 will be calling but I think Nebraska now has veto power over that (Nebraska and Missouri has been in a war of words over who lit the 1st mtch to destroy the Big 12)

I assure you that no one in this part of the country will be happy joining the MWC (aside from a few guys like me) now their presidents and ADs may be relieved to have a home after the dust settles but we're not the prom queen here, we're miss congeniality and they're still holding out for the queen.

I wrote on another thread that the smug attitudes that Kansas and Missouri fans have, leaves part of me hoping they end up in conference USA or the missouri valley... but deep down it would be my dream come true if we added them.

BYUBALLIN
Sophomore

Post by BYUBALLIN »

BIG TEN has come out and said they are not go after anymore schools. So missouri and kansas dont have many options.

BigCougsFan
All-American

Post by BigCougsFan »

BYUBALLIN wrote:BIG TEN has come out and said they are not go after anymore schools. So missouri and kansas dont have many options.
Did I miss something??? When did they say that???

bplewe
Recruit

Post by bplewe »

I have seen two quotes: Delany told Beebe "no more from your conference" and said something in the Nebraska press conference about waiting 12 to 18 months to reconsider further steps. My guess is the Big "10" is going to wait for the others to make their play in this round, then decide on their second move.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

I was just watching ESPN, and they did another basic report on this, and said that A&M is still considering options, but that the latest news is t hat if A&M does go to the SEC, then the PAC will add Utah over Kansas. I can't link to a website since it was said on air by the ESPNNews reporter.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

Uh, this title was not perfectly stated. where are the title police? ;)