Boise state joins MWC

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
CougarPeasant
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Boise state joins MWC

Post by CougarPeasant »

Was there a contingency that BSU has to replace that gawdawful blue turf with something more natural, like....GREEN!!!???

If they don't or won't replace it, then I say they have to go on the road whenever they play BYU, Utah, TCU and AFA.

Or at least make them wear orange an white at home games.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

So is the WAC still the better and more accomplished conference now that Boise is in the MWC? I'd love to see Karl Benson spin Boise leaving as a good thing.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
CougarPeasant
All-American

Post by CougarPeasant »

Lawboy wrote:At least we will get to kick their trash annually now. Look forward to that. They will be like Wyoming in no time. Good very few years, then crap, then a good a few years, then crap. especially if the MWC is able to nab some Big 12 teams as well. I hope we get to 12 or more, soon.
As long as BSU has Coach Peterson, they will compete at the highest level in the MWC. They will not become a Wyoming or CSU. He is the real deal and I see their recruiting picking up some as well.

Of course, their days of easily rolling through their conference schedule is over, but they will be a top tier team in the MWC as long as Coach Pete stays.

CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

I like the move. If the PAC-10 expands with Texas and the Big 12 folds it will give some bargaining strength to the MWC. If the Big 12 keeps Texas and the MWC can hold onto Utah it will be a good move. If, however, Utah jumps to the PAC-10 then the MWC is really no better off than before.

JamieVallen
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by JamieVallen »

I swear if we have to play Boise, Utah, and TCU all on the road, every other year, I'll probably go out and punch me a baby!

BigCougsFan
All-American

Post by BigCougsFan »

jmvcougar wrote:I swear if we have to play Boise, Utah, and TCU all on the road, every other year, I'll probably go out and punch me a baby!
I was thinking the exact thing! We'll have a brutal year, then a not so brutal year. Feast or famine.

Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Cougarfan87 »

I don't know why people keep thinking that Utah is going to the PAC 10. They are just a contingency in case they don't take all the schools from the BIG 12, which is going to happen. Utah is staying put in what will be a new and improved conference. The Big 12 is dead.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Cougarfan87 wrote:I don't know why people keep thinking that Utah is going to the PAC 10. They are just a contingency in case they don't take all the schools from the BIG 12, which is going to happen. Utah is staying put in what will be a new and improved conference. The Big 12 is dead.
If aTm is stupid and splits to the SEC, Utah will go to the PAC10. I know Aggies are stupid, I just hope they're not THAT stupid.