Can Kaveinga play in 2010?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
cscoug
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Can Kaveinga play in 2010?

Post by cscoug »

gmj81 wrote: Havili might feel like it would be a little too late to jump ship now but given the news about Harvey, he could come in right away and make a big splash at BYU. Not only would he go a long way to making Heaps for a lot more comfortable, but he would finally get to tote the rock for a change too. It's mutually beneficial!
I don't see Bronco pursuing Havili or any USC player for that matter. I think that he would argue against the principal. He wants players that want to be at BYU--not players that feel like better options aren't working out. If Havili had come to Bronco before these sanctions, as Kavienga did, then I think that it would be a different story.

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

cscoug wrote:I don't see Bronco pursuing Havili or any USC player for that matter. I think that he would argue against the principal. He wants players that want to be at BYU--not players that feel like better options aren't working out. If Havili had come to Bronco before these sanctions, as Kavienga did, then I think that it would be a different story.
I think that Bronco will do it on a case by case basis. Maybe there are good reasons why Havili or other USC players didn't desert the sinking ship.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
CannonCougar85
All-American

Post by CannonCougar85 »

cscoug wrote:
gmj81 wrote: Havili might feel like it would be a little too late to jump ship now but given the news about Harvey, he could come in right away and make a big splash at BYU. Not only would he go a long way to making Heaps for a lot more comfortable, but he would finally get to tote the rock for a change too. It's mutually beneficial!
I don't see Bronco pursuing Havili or any USC player for that matter. I think that he would argue against the principal. He wants players that want to be at BYU--not players that feel like better options aren't working out. If Havili had come to Bronco before these sanctions, as Kavienga did, then I think that it would be a different story.
I agree with this statement entirely in that I doubt Bronco will pursue anybody from USC. That being said if a USC player came to Bronco I don't think there would be much hesitation in accepting the players transfer.

"We have a tradition unlike any other. Those that have gone before us are the giants upon whose shoulders we now stand."
-Bronco Mendenhall
urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

CannonCougar85 wrote:
cscoug wrote:I agree with this statement entirely in that I doubt Bronco will pursue anybody from USC. That being said if a USC player came to Bronco I don't think there would be much hesitation in accepting the players transfer.
I like what you said better than what I said. I just might go back and edit what I said to make it look like I said what you just said before you said it. :whistle:

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

cscoug wrote:

If a players decision to chose USC was based on lies and deception; I think it's easy to assume that under different circumstances that they may have reaized BYU was the better choice.
These kids were lied to.. and are having their bowl and college experience wrecked due to the deceit of others.

Bringing in USC players would be an act of mercy right now; and it makes all the sense in the world.

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

CannonCougar85 wrote:
cscoug wrote:
I agree with this statement entirely in that I doubt Bronco will pursue anybody from USC. That being said if a USC player came to Bronco I don't think there would be much hesitation in accepting the players transfer.
well if Bronco won't pursue them, why don't we? Then when the player comes to Bronco it can all work as it's supposed to.